Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless BB

Options
  • 13-07-2003 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭

Hopefully this is the right forum for this?

I heard through the grapevine that wireless broadband sites and providers are subsidised in the UK and Northern Ireland.

Is this true?

Don't our government whinge about the EU not allowing subsidies?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Wireless BB has been subsidised in Ireland. Unfortunately a lot more will need to be spent and it will need to be targetted more effectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by bealtine
    Hopefully this is the right forum for this?

I heard through the grapevine that wireless broadband sites and providers are subsidised in the UK and Northern Ireland.

Is this true?

Wrong as far as I know. There is no universal subsidy scheme in the UK, certain schemes in rural areas have got funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Wrong as far as I know. There is no universal subsidy scheme in the UK, certain schemes in rural areas have got funding.

I'm actually looking for details:) I'd be grateful if you had any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,398 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Invest NI have a scheme for business wher it will pay 45% of the first year running costs and installation for the first year (upto a a max of stg£5000 ) don't know if this is what you were looking for

application form here

http://www.investni.com/mainsite/default.asp?CATID=547

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

• Advertisement
Advertisement