Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX vs PS2 vs GC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i dont care which consol different games ar eon.
    i just like various games for various reasons on various consols.
    not too worried about what they are.
    i dont own a gamecube, and im not likely too. i havemy hands full with an xbox and a ps2 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

anyone ever play bloody fury i think thats the name. you turn into big warewolfs, and other huge animals midfight, thats a fighting game!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by sykeirl
    Halo 2...previews

From a gameplay video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by monument
    From a gameplay video?

Nope just from the reports from the journos I'm afraid.
    Still they talk it up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Have XBox + PS2 + PC (Gaming)

Have to say the XBox has been used the most since I bought It.

Not just for the games, but the DVD and MP3 functions. The DVD quality looks a bit better than the PS2, and the 32X Fast forward + Rewind really puts the PS2 to shame.

Its great to have a few CD's copied to the hard disk, and be able to just come in and turn it on and use the remote to work it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

tbh i just like the ABILITY to be able to expand more. a range of HDD sizes would have been nice, for both the PS2 and the Xbox. a large one is not for all, but some people like to be able to store all their music on it, for use in games, etc.

and no, i will not be buying the PS2 HDD, unless there is a killer ap for it...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by sykeirl
    Nope just from the reports from the journos I'm afraid.
    Still they talk it up well.

As far as I know the reports are only based on the in game video and screens.

It looks good, but really so far all I've seen is just the first Halo with a few new things added on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Star Wars KOTOR
    Outlaw Volleyball
    Mace Griffin
    ESPN Sports: NFL2k4, NBA2k4, NHL 2k4
    XSN Xsports: Links 2004, NBA Inside Drive 2004 + many more.

hehe i cant help but laugh at you !

star wars kotor looks great ill give you that but its coming out on pc isnt it ?

volleyball ? ahem...

mace griffin is on all 3 consoles and having pld it its a terrible game - its geting reviews of around 50% everywhere... and the rest i dont even know what they are :p hockey basketball etc dont appeal to many people ,

i still think ps2 and gc have much more to offer apart from x-box live which looks tastey !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Short and sweet-ish.

My favourite is PS2. Why? Lots of fun games, good graphics and dvd playback.

I dont like Cube cos the games it has doesnt appeal to me. I dont like Luigis mansion or Zelda...just not my kind of games.

I dont like the Xbox cos although it has the best graphics...i cant even notice unless there being compared directly up against ps2 ones...where its a bit blurry...its all smoothed out. Thats it.

I have no problem with the xbox control or the ps2 one but i do hate the cube one. Its gayness at the highest level. Its just a pain in the ass and feels so out of place. i really dont like it. Too small and awkward.

I also wouldnt buy an Xbox cos there is no such thing as "XBOX EXCLUSIVE ANYMORE" either way its going on the ps2 and defo on the PC. Also i have a damn good pc. And i got bored of Halo in a week and an Xbox as a matter of fact...i had it for a str8 week. Project Gotham racing is great fun but nto enough to buy a console for it...So its PS2 all the way...cant wait to see some little bitch flame me for that now.

Also, Pro Evolution Soccer 3 is on the PS2 only. So thats ESSENTIAL for me. ESSENTIAL!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

I chose the xbox as being best. I would have chosen the gamecube for its games because I love all Nintendos creations. They are just more fun then the ps2 and xbox games. Im 16 and think that the so called "adult games" are crap compared to the likes of Mario etc. But because of gamecubes lack of features didnt choose it. It can't go online, play dvds or play music(or play your own music in games). Xbox is overall winner of features. Some Xbox games are good but not many. Playstation 2 is just utter crap. Im not going to waist my time talking about it. I own the xbox and ps2 and have played gc many times. I want to buy the gc simply for the best games on the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I've said it before and I shouldn't bother saying it again but the cube controllers 0wn all. Anyone who thinks differently has stupad little GURLY hands.

Offtopic but how much are GBA's in the shops now? Think I'll order one off play rather than get robbed in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

cube controller is brilliant, but it is a little similar to ps2. me thinks, love one for my pc though

Ive got pretty big hands and i ****en hate the GC controller.

The ps2 is not utter ****e no matter what any of you say...its a fact. Its still the best selling console worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

i have a ps2 and gamecube, a few friends have xbox's, and my favourite is the GC

PS2 is close in my mind but nintendo's own games make most rival's look well......not as good. I dont like the xbox because it ruined the dead or alive series(surprisingly enough the first 2 were playable games)

And yes the GC's controller is great although not as good as the N64

Hmmm ok maybe its just me...If i remember the N64 controller was real good for Goldeneye and i never complained about it then. Maybe im just so used to the ps2 controller i cant get used to any other...but the Xbox controller was alright in my opinon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

going a bit off topic I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭[-RvR-]Dart

ps2 ownz j00
    xbox s0x
    gc own with zelda :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by 50Cent
    Ive got pretty big hands and i ****en hate the GC controller.

The ps2 is not utter ****e no matter what any of you say...its a fact. Its still the best selling console worldwide.

So basically, the more popular the console, the better it is, right?
    Bollocks.
    It may be the most popular, sure, but its showing its age now, and hasnt had ANY games this year that can compare to Metroid and Zelda. GC is the only console if youre really serious about gaming. And i realise the irony in the term "serious gaming" so dont point it out :P
    Xobox is alright, but i only bought it cause i knew it would get conversions of P.C games i cant run on my P.C, its basically just a substitute for a decent comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Deadwing
    So basically, the more popular the console, the better it is, right?
    Bollocks.
    It may be the most popular, sure, but its showing its age now, and hasnt had ANY games this year that can compare to Metroid and Zelda. GC is the only console if youre really serious about gaming. And i realise the irony in the term "serious gaming" so dont point it out :P
    Xobox is alright, but i only bought it cause i knew it would get conversions of P.C games i cant run on my P.C, its basically just a substitute for a decent comp.

As has been pointed out before, on this very thread I might add, if you were "really serious about gaming" you'd own all 3, plus their predecessors, every Atari console a block of a pimped out rig for PC gaming, a dedicated server for when your mates call round for lan parties, and every one of the"Game&Watch"es.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

As has been pointed out before, on this very thread I might add, if you were "really serious about gaming" you'd own all 3, plus their predecessors, every Atari console a block of a pimped out rig for PC gaming, a dedicated server for when your mates call round for lan parties, and every one of the"Game&Watch"es.

And an atari jaguar, PC engine, Neo Geo cartridge system with all the games, Killer Instinct arcade cabinet, atari lynx.

Thats a stupid assumption. Most people don't have that kind of money to be throwing around on all those systems. Even a muppet like me who spends far too much money on games doesn't own all of the three systems. And if you truely were completely mad into games and hardcore, you would own a PC engine and a Neo Geo and take Japanese lessons before you would buy enough hardware to make a huge lan. If you had some sense you would know what you want and buy sensibly.

It may be the most popular, sure, but its showing its age now, and hasnt had ANY games this year that can compare to Metroid and Zelda.

FFS thats your opinion...i dont like Metroid or Zelda thats why i dont like the GC. It makes games i dont like...none of this serious game playing bs. The games dont APPEAL TO ME...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Jaysus I wish I had the cash for a pimped out rig and all those consoles!!! I agree with SyxPak on this one though!

Retrogamer, your signature is deadly! Damn Arts ********* :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thanks got it in an e-mail today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭gimme

pretty much everything comes out on all three systems anyway.
    was in Game on grafton st yesterday and the GC has dropped to 150 euro with zelda:)

I know I'm resurrecting this but with the new price war for christmas it'll be good to have around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

It should be only €99 on its own from next friday unless GAME are going by the UK price drop date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by clownboy
    It should be only €99 on its own from next friday unless GAME are going by the UK price drop date.

Unfortunetly, we get cheated again - its €120. And GAME is dropping the UK price to keep it in league with Europe (£79 down to £69). The Wind Waker box set would be the way to go though, in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by f®eak_s©enery

Unfortunetly, we get cheated again - its €120.

120 for just the cube?? Where are you getting these prices from??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by clownboy
    120 for just the cube?? Where are you getting these prices from??

I saw the price in GAME, they had advertising over the tag detectors.

However, this does not rule out the fact that it could be cheaper elsewhere, maybe Smyths sell it for the European standard.

Advertisement