Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX vs PS2 vs GC

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭gimme

amp your prices are wrong
    I bought the gamecube with zelda pack last night for 149.99
    and the cube on its own is 119.99.
    bear in mind that you gotta buy a memory card if you get zelda which clocks at 8.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

So has the gamecube dropped to €120 instead of €99? or is that just in Game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

This is a complete rip-off. The European SRP for the GameCube is €99.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Shinji
    This is a complete rip-off. The European SRP for the GameCube is €99.

Its hilarious, you get it with one of the **** 007 games or some wrestling game for 120. Or you can buy with no game for 120 too.... WTF??

welcome to ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I can only assume that the Irish price is based on the UK price (which is a tenner more expensive at £79), but even at that it shouldn't be €120. I'd advise you to shop around online - you may well find that getting it from a European online retailer works out cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

GAME had Starfox priced at €45 in their stores yesterday when it should be €30. But the European price drop doesn't happen to this Friday.

I think GAME are chancing their arm. Just bring it to the counter and complain. Tell them Gamesworld and Smyths have it at €99.

Just go pearl harbour on their ass if they don't listen.

BTW, its a bit thick of them saying that metroid prime is €30 and then saying StarFox is €45 :rolleyes:

if they drop the price again down 20 after me buying it at 149.99 there will be war.
    p.s. I don't know any online retailers that will ship consoles to ireland without charging about 20 in shipping anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by gimme
    amp your prices are wrong
    I bought the gamecube with zelda pack last night for 149.99
    bear in mind that you gotta buy a memory card if you get zelda which clocks at 8.99.

Well that's what the signs said when I was in Game on Grafton st. I even wrote them down on to my Sony Clié which I love. Did you get yours in that Game?

yes.
    game on grafton st on monday night
    gamecube with zelda for 149.99
    gamecube on its own was 119.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Fair enough so. I'll update my post. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

It’s interesting that despite some vocal deriding here and elsewhere, the Xbox is essentially as liked and high ranked as the GameCube. It would appear there are many happy XB owners out there that don’t make much to-do about it.

Matt

Advertisement