Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best car you have driven ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

bmw z3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭test999

I drove a friends Honda S2000, and it was really good, very fast and with the roof down, it makes you feel like you have arrived!

I also drove a 5 litre black mustang, but it was as dull as ditch water....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

99 Fiat Sciento Sporting, had a 1.1 engine so was really fast as its a small car, could beat any normal sized two litre at the lights any day. Also had the sporting bosy kit and a bonnet vent to keep beast cool so it looked the biz aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Hehe, the best one has to be your first car. I bought it a week ago, for $700. Its a dodge dynasty, with a 3 litre v6. Goes like the wind, can beat any seicento off the line. Its only got 300k on it, and the steering is a bit ****ed, but everything else works. Engine has a bit of a rough idle, but still seems to have most of its horses intact. Flooring it at medium speed results in tire squeal, hilarious. Its not a terrible gas guzzler, its a mitsubishi built engine, with multi-point fuel injection. Gets 350 miles out of a tank that you can fill for $20:) Insurance is $460 for 6 months, all in all fairly bowled over. Only problem is that free parking takes about 10 - 20 minutes to find in San Francisco.... but I shouldn't complain :)

The funny thing about the 99 Fiat Sciento Sporting is that it's 54BHP and it's 735Kg weight makes it sound like a real performer on paper, i.e. a 0.73 horses per kilogram which is up there with sports cars! but the 0-60mph of 14 seconds tells me it's a dog.
    solly!
    were did it all go so wrong :D
    Originally posted by leonotron
    99 Fiat Sciento Sporting, had a 1.1 engine so was really fast as its a small car, could beat any normal sized two litre at the lights any day. Also had the sporting bosy kit and a bonnet vent to keep beast cool so it looked the biz aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Nicest car I ever drove was a powerful deep-wine coloured Chrysler Sebring Convertible (see here for info) on holidays in Maryland, USA in 2000. Drove it with the top down on a beautiful sunny day going up the beltway to Baltimore. She was a beaut'.

Nicest car I ever owned is the only car I ever owned - a metallic green Volkswagen Polo 1.4l 5-door (which can be seen here).

yeah, defo, the sebring is a nice jam jar, last time I was in LA I rented one for a week. Drove around with the roof down for 6 days, nearly burnt my head off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

best car i was a passenger in was the ferrari F50,.. Class car.
    the father was driven it..
    Also the F333 i think it is.. that one is fairly old...

both cool cars tho,..

cartman

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

Well i have now gotten the Scooby bug, and next week please

god, i will be the owner of a Subaru Impreza WRX

mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Drove 2 this week the new shape one, and the old shape.

Decided on the old shape.. god almighty what a rush it was

driving it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

My current 4th gen honda prelude 2.2vtec ... 5000rpm is the magic number :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Not the most perfect or expensive car ive driven but a '79(i think) Dodge charger was the scariest and brutal car, Lifting that monster clutch and flooring it left a very long line of melted rubber on completly dry road, the car crabed soooo badly trying to get its ass to swap places with the front while i was fighting to keep it straight, never have i ever been so intimidated by a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

had a go in a few nice cars; M3 - insane power, not for Irish roads! Old Volvo T5s have some poke too.

Best car I drove has to be the Mercedes SL500.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Was inna SL 55 amg the other day, sweeet car loverly 19" wheels worth about 1,000 per wheel, and thats at cost ! Oh and i was inna maybach a while back you know the new MB worth like 350,000 or sumit talk about luxury, and we sold a good few of them too.... there must be some very very rich ppls in ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

Ok i have to take back what i said about my Pug being one of the best.

Got my New car today, Scooby turbo.. omg.. talk about power:)

Will have it tomorrow, and weee weekends here..

*GRIN*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jimhenson

I like my car 00 BMW 740 black with M5 alloys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Westfield Sei

Max speed (before wind and engine noise make you deaf) is around 70 but GREAT fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Aragorn

1. 1998 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 - Very fast, love the engine noise.
    2. 1992 Hona Civic VTi - The best car that I ever owned.
    3. 2002 Alfa Romeo GTV - Really like it. (But its a Fiat, so it had to come third!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Well I will have to stick up for my car and say the best car I have ever driven is my Ibiza Cupra 20VT.

In terms of looks its just a bit different to the standard mk3 Ibiza nothing major. Inside its got plenty of cow hide, Air Con, Climate Control, 4 air bags and all electric widows, mirrors, sunroof etc. In fact the only options for the car was a CD changer. Preformance is very good as standard and very easily improved on... and the look on BMW drivers faces when you go by is always worth a giggle ;).

A good bit of changes from standard have been carried out to improve the safety and preformance of the car. Oettinger remap, Miltek exhaust (its not a loud exhaust when driving normally), Forge DV, Brembo 4 pot brakes, H&R PCS Coilovers and wider wheels with spacers to give the car a wider track to settle down the tail end which can be a bit gittery at high speeds (on a track, not on public roads).

All in all its a great little car with plenty of poke and has held its own around Mondello against some much more expensive cars and has even passed one or two of them ;).

Advertisement