Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Profile suggestion : Post count breakdowns

Options
  • 13-07-2003 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Would it be possible (in each user profile page) to include a breakdown of peoples posting habits in order to create an automatic and easily digestable profile of where their interests lie.

By this I mean if a person has made 1000 posts in total and 300 are in Films, 250 on After Hours 200 in sport etc etc that this info could be included on their profile page in order to give other users a general idea of where each other user interest lie relative to each other?

If so then perhaps tables could also be printed listing forum users in order of posts made similar to the way you can already get info on who and how often has posted on a particular thread.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

That could be a good idea, although the load on the server might be a bit heavy, I'm guessing.

Personally though I think I'd like to see it based on which forums a users reads most often, rather than posts on.

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Likes/Dislikes tbh tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by lordsippa
    Likes/Dislikes tbh tbh.

'Likes / Dislikes' takes effort on the part of the user to impliment and update. This doesn't seem to suit many users as from the few random 'Likes / Dislikes' page I've had a look at so far no has actually even bothered to fill anything into their page yet. Ironically enough Lordsippa despite advcoating L/D you yourself haven't either I notice! :)

At least the method I'm suggesting (if implimented) would be done automatically and would require no effort on the part of the individual user to get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I like this idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Stats are always good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Good idea, I'd also like to see "time of posts" breakdowns too :]

A bit like the #boards.ie channel stats where it shows who does the most talking at certain times etc.

mmm. stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Pigman II
    By this I mean if a person has made 1000 posts in total and 300 are in Films, 250 on After Hours 200 in sport etc etc that this info could be included on their profile page in order to give other users a general idea of where each other user interest lie relative to each other?
    Thought police anyone?

Advertisement