Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freaky Past

• 13-07-2003 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hey My girlfriend has just confessed a freaky sex life to me which she very much enjoyed with her ex boyfriend. (of three years) This consisted of getting excited on sucking blood ect . Should I be worried . Ive had sex but Ive never really experimented with that sort of stuff. Sex is sex. Anyway. Should her past really get to me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

no.

im always having conversations about the other halfs past, but tbh, its none of my business and means nothing to me, its her past, your her present, thats all that counts.

im sure that if you were uncomfortable with experimenting then she wont force you into anything, so dont worry.

best of luck.

[EDIT] Just out of curiousity, who brought up the whole issue of past lovers? [/EDIT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Jeez I hate that when girlfriends tell you in detail about their past sex lives. I had one that would recount what her ex did and how often blah blah blah. Needless to say we broke up.

The fact that she is mentioning it to you may be because she wants you to do it with her, in fact thats pretty likely tbh. If you want to do this then try it out but be bloody safe(!), get her checked out for std's first and then take it from there. If it is something that you don't want to do you should tell her from now.

Her past should only get to you if her past is her present want. Do you want to do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, I wouldn't be worried.

Most men would kill to have a very adventerous lover, but regardless of how far you'll go, you'll both reach a common ground through experimenting, where you're both happy. And you may find some things which you think are freaky now, but you actually enjoy them.

The past is the past. You weren't there. You are now. Make the most of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I've known women over the years who have ranged from using a feather to using the whole chicken, is it were, so I would not worry too much about it. As Gordon suggested, she's angling for you to get into her particular fetishes.

Having said this, bloodsports are as dangerous as you can get, with regard to STD's, so I would be concerned were I you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Grimes
    Hey My girlfriend has just confessed a freaky sex life to me which she very much enjoyed with her ex boyfriend. (of three years) Should I be worried .

Yes you should be disturbed! Any time a guy has to sit there politely smiling whilst his g/f blathers on about some ex is always disturbing.

When will women learn that guys DO NOT CARE about your ex-boyfriends or anything good/bad (sexual or otherwise) you have done with with them. Ladies, never mention your ex's to your currents and I guarentee you it's will not negatively affect your relationships.

But since you know now you might as well take advantage of the situation and try a bit a bit of experimentation :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Originally posted by Pigman II
    Yes you should be disturbed! Any time a guy has to sit there politely smiling whilst his g/f blathers on about some ex is always disturbing.

When will women learn that guys DO NOT CARE about your ex-boyfriends or anything good/bad (sexual or otherwise) you have done with with them. Ladies, never mention your ex's to your currents and I guarentee you it's will not negatively affect your relationships.

But since you know now you might as well take advantage of the situation and try a bit a bit of experimentation :)

speaking for all men there?
    pretty bold of you.

Tbh, it doesnt bother me at all when my GF's blabbed bout their ex's, why should it, they are ex's for a reason, and it should only really bother you if you are insecure about some aspect of yourself.

gah... /me shrugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭jammy_dodger

Hmm....I don't know, If my girlfriend turned around to me, said she's into sucking blood(and gets off on it) I'd be freaked out, I don't know if i could accept it. And the fact that she's mentioning it you, and dos'nt seem 'embarassed' telling you (i know she should'nt be embarressed by what she enjoys, but there would be some discomfort in telling you) Id say she wants you to part take in this activity. It really depends on you, she's put all the cards on the table, and now it's your move.
    Do you ?

a) Just avoid the subject and go on feeling that your not fullflling all of her wants.

b) Dive in the deep end, Try it out for youself. risk is you'll either enjoy it and you both have one more thing in common that you can enjoy, or you get completely freaked out and disgusted by the whole thing, leavenig the relationship tainted and awkward.

Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

sucking blood ????
    i thought i had a very creative sex life but this is new...

try taken her doggy and clatter her head of the headboard till she opens up gushing blood and lick it off!

bet HER EX DIDN'T DO THAT!!!

hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I saw a programme on TV a long time ago about people who were into this, they fancied themselves as Vampires of a sort and went to this particular club of like minded people so they could ‘exchange’ ideas on their common fetish, the more they got into it the more it turned them on. In my opinion it’s a dangerous road to go down if you can’t keep a handle on it, as the Corinthian said exchanging blood in this day and age is never a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Consider it this way - it's laible to be put of her system, perhaps. But one shouldn't let past relationships interfere with present happiness as a general rule IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

What does the etc. part mean in sucking blood etc.!?

I suppose it depends if you might be into it. I wouldn't. It's freaky.Although I had a gf who expressed mild interest in it when she read Anne Rice's books..... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Right, blood is fun... as long as it's safe, you've both STD free and you trust each other completely... otherwise, don't go down that road.

Now, onto the ould speaking about ex's thing... to be honest, my girlfriend doesn't really offer much information about her sexual past but the odd time it comes up for whatever reason then I always ask her to tell me and she does. I don't particularly like thinking about it but I also don't think I have any right to complain to her about it... and remember... we are each a culmination of our past actions and experiences. So this "weirdness" probably contributed to the fact you fell in love with her in the first place... think about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

The sexual practice of bloodletting and exchange is closely related to general sadomasochism dressed up as a latter day vampirism - most commonly found in the Gothic subculture. Not all of these blood sports require the consumption of blood by either party, although (in keeping with the vampirism theme) such consumption would generally be central to the practice.

Of course, as has been already discussed, the oral or otherwise exchange of blood between parties is highly dangerous, as it opens one up to a multitude of STD’s that are normally passed intravenously; such as Hepatitis and HIV.

TBH, Grimes, if you decide to try out this practice I would get your gf tested first. Otherwise, you might as well wander down to Christchurch and play pass the syringe with a few of the locals there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Admit it Grimes, you're dating Angelina Jolie, aren't you ;)

And listen to TC - I may not agree with him 99.99998% of the time, but his head is screwed on straight. ('tis a bit ugly mind you, but still...) :D

The medical issues regarding transmissable diseases are something you should take special note of, but assuming that that all comes up clean on tests, well, why knock it till you've tried it? You can give up to two pints of the stuff before you fall over, after all, so a little lost in the sack shouldn't be too disasterous... but do talk to your GP about it first. (I'm trying to point out that there's nothing wrong with experimentation as long as the medical side of it is taken care of.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

make up some REALLY freaky past sex life of your own, german scheisse eating and so forth/

Originally posted by ferdi
    make up some REALLY freaky past sex life of your own, german scheisse eating and so forth/

Well he did say blood etc.. Maybe the etc. WAS the scheisse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Rent out "Chasing Amy". Seems very apt to this thread.

Rent out "Chasing Amy". Seems very apt to this thread.
    Yes, and then fast forward through all that crap to the diner dialogue scene...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

I have been some weird places with ladies. But this thing of blood sucking reminds me of the start of Blade ;)

But anyway the point is it would worry me but as soon as she had said it too me my reaction would have been " Well, your not gettin ME to suck blood, but I still like ya :D".

My thing is if this doesnt intresest you you need to tell her cause it might be that she needs someone thats into this to.o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

Ah, the "Wait until he's formed fairly strong emotional attachment to you before mentioning something that makes her repulsive" trick.
    That's pretty disgusting. I'd ask her if there's anything else she hasn't mentioned.
    Don't do it. It'll mess your head up. You'll start to like it and be restricted to icky over-enthusuastic lovebiters in your choice of future girlfriends.

And I was a about to eat dinner :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

with the blood and the sucking and the aarrgh:D

as someone said make sure she doesnt have any stds
    as long as shes not doing it as somesort of satanic ritual it should be ok

Towelie says:

Dont forget to bring a towel!

try it once if you like it so be it!

if you dont so be it!

if shes a vampire stake that bitch through the heart quicksmart:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

this reminds me of The Doors the movie..
    You can think of yourself as Jim Morrison he was up for it make sure you have a bit of coke for after words...

Make sure you dont get her vein....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    In my opinion it’s a dangerous road to go down if you can’t keep a handle on it, as the Corinthian said exchanging blood in this day and age is never a good thing.
    I would have thought that exchanging bodily fluids orally is about as safe as sex without a condom, or "normal" oral sex .
    Anybody got some refs to some medical sources?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

jd:
    "I would have thought that exchanging bodily fluids orally is about as safe as sex without a condom, or "normal" oral sex ."

I think it depends whether you like to drink it or not, except for topical diseases like herpes.
    Perform oral sex on a strange woman one night then spend months thinking you have herpes on your face when you get cold sores.

I love the feeling of power that comes from responding to personal issues threads. It makes me feel all warm inside and strong to know that I am running these people's lives for them with my sage advice.

this is sarcam btw before some idiot takes me seriously and responds aggressively. (Maybe it's irony! Maybe it's even self-satire!!)

It's not it's just sarcasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Originally posted by jd
    I would have thought that exchanging bodily fluids orally is about as safe as sex without a condom, or "normal" oral sex .
    Anybody got some refs to some medical sources?

I think there is a higher concentration of HIV virus in blood than in semen (but, as on most things, I could be wrong).

Drinking it or not doesn't make much of a difference cause the virus (or any STD virus for that matter) is absored by the membranes at the top and back of the mouth.

Of course there is no safe was to drink someones blood, so anytime his g-friend has done it she has opened herself up to every disease her current partner has ... definitly not something you want to be doing with someone you don't know that well.

About getting upset I wouldn't let her know that it bothers you, cause after all you don't own her, her actions are her own and her past is her past. I think it is valid to say you are worried about STDs (see above) but I think that is as far as your say on her past goes.

But if YOU are not comfortable with doing it, then definitly tell her that. I don't think anyone would classify you as non-kinky if you weren't into bloodletting cause tbh it sounds a bit funked up. There is kinky sex and there is getting turned on by weird sh*t (blood, pain, car crashes, Joe Dolan etc )

There was a movie on the last night where this guy scored a gorgeous looking chick. When she kissed him, her huge tongue slipped down his throat, and ripped his heart out through his chest! Then she took a bite out of it!!

Just something to bear in mind.......

Dammit patch, you have got to stop watching Ricci Lake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Saw that! That kreepy guy who was in the lost boys when he was a kid was in it! My how the mighty have fallen eh? lol ;)

Drinking Blood shud def be a no-no, think about it, anything up to 80% of the population suffer from bleeding gums whether they know it or not, since WHEN is it a good idea to pour somone elses blood directly onto an open wound of urs?????

The HIV virus is actually rather delicate, it cannot survive long in certain enviroments, such as the mouth, whether or not it *would* be absorbed thru the membranous tissue in the back of the throat is debatable, most people would say probably not, otherwise the incidence of transmission thru oral sex would be much higher.

But as far as it goes, bloodletting is one thing, bloodsucking or drinking is a whole other kettle of crap, avoid unless u want a barrage of tests first.

B

• Advertisement

Off topic. Was that movie any good DT? I decided on getting some sleep instead... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

:) Patch,
    Dunno either, it suddenly became all about half nekkid women with huge titties, which is SOOOO not somthing i wanna see so i went off it b4 i got ill LOL ;)

B :D

LOL B., that was the only reason I MIGHT have considered watching it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

I suppose it just differnet strokes for different folks. I would talk to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Grimes, if you asked your girlfriend about it, then be glad she's been honest with you.

If she brought it up, then I'd agree with many of the others, that she's trying to get you into it.

Don't ever, ever do anything you're not happy doing, even if you think the pleasure your partner gets from it is satisfaction enough. Sex isn't about compromising your own standards to get your partner off.

Personally, I would be suspicious of the sort of precautions that someone into blood sucking would have taken during sex. I'd be suspicious that they'd amount to a whole lot of none, actually, to be honest. That would be a bigger issue for me than the intricate lampshade-swinging details of my partner's sex life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Just to cover ground rules,
    1) Yes, get checked for STD's
    2) Try it, if you don't like it, tell her. Its ok to say no.
    3) If you do like, you'll really like it.

I am admitting to doing this and having it done to me, its great, wonderful and so sensual and erotic. But beward its addictive, you'll want to do thsi with most of your lovers afterwards. Its sharing your essence in a way.

Or maybe its just me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Nows your chance to ask for that threesome ;)

Originally posted by Victor
    Nows your chance to ask for that threesome ;)

Good thinking...the old 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' scenario :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭jd

just remembered one of the most disgusting things I ever saw..
    'twas in an old gf's apartment, and during a nocturnal trip to the bathroom I bumped into one of the guys who lived there. He looked like he'd eaten a few rounds of toast topped with stawberry jam, with his hands tied behind his back...

Advertisement