Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX Live Still Not Working

• 13-07-2003 10:57pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have tried everything that Uzami has suggested to get it working and I'm out of ideas. I have a Linksys BEFSDR 41W router, updated with the firmware I was given. I have the DMZ set to the ip address of the XBOX and all the settings on the XBOX are on automatic. I can get on occasionally but I think I've been on maybe five times in two months. Anyone got any ideas why it's not working?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I have tried everything that Uzami has suggested to get it working and I'm out of ideas. I have a Linksys BEFSDR 41W router, updated with the firmware I was given. I have the DMZ set to the ip address of the XBOX and all the settings on the XBOX are on automatic. I can get on occasionally but I think I've been on maybe five times in two months. Anyone got any ideas why it's not working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

what error messages do you get when you try to connect?

i presume you have enabled the dmz?

have you tried the up'np port forwarding for the xbox ip?

UDP 88, UDP 3074, and TCP 3074

who is your broadband provider?

have you tried contacting xbox support, they should be providing support during beta test?

I'm just getting the "XBOX live can not be connected" for something along those lines. The port forwarding is set up automatically. We're using Netsource as our provider. I have the DMZ port set up to be the xbox ip address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

As a last resort, I disabled all the uPnP stuff and manually configured the port forwarding with the ports you suggested. This did not work either.

OK I have cracked!

We re-enabled the uPnP stuff and configured the uPnP port forwarding. We also manually configured it in the forwarding screen that you access through the advanced menu.

This worked 3 times, i.e. we were able to go into the XBOX Live dashboard and connect. We have been unable to do so since!!!!!

I am gonna ask something that is probably expecting too much. Any chance you could post screen shots of the various config screen on the router. I am hoping we are missing something stupid here and that will tell us straight away.

At least if we know we have it set up right and maybe consider that the router is ****ed.

• Advertisement

Still cracking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭santalives

if it is dsl that you are using that requires a PPPoE connection, have you tried setting your modem to rfc1483 if it has it and then using the PPPoE connector on the xbox to see if that works

Ok will that disconnect the 4 PC's that are currently on the network also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

feylya, i got a linksys wrt 54g and i had the same problems you are having , the xbox would do everything else bar connect to live .

i tried dmz, portforwarding udp88, udp/tcp 88/3074 but the only way i could get the xbox to connect each and every time to live was manually setting up the xbox, do not let your xbox automatically detect your settings (unless your direct connecting to you modem). well it never worked for me anyways.

step 1 :
    go into ip addresses on your xbox

ip : 192.168.1.xxx ( the last digits your router gives your xbox )
    subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.1.1 then press the b ( red ) button

step 2:
    go into dns servers

primary dns 192.168.1.1
    secoundary dns ***.***.***.*( your isp's primary dns ) you will find it on your routers status page. then press b again and try connecting to xbox live, when connected press y and check for packet loss, if you have some you may need to change your mtu settings.

i really hope that helps you out feylya .

YYYYeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh, It works! Properly and constantly! Thanks Clover, that worked perfectly!

• Advertisement

:D glad i could help .. i felt your pain , it took me two days to get it to work .

Man I am a happy ****er!! Thank you big time!:D :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Can any of you tell me how to get my DNS?? I'm with IOL and can't get xbox live to connect.

sorry clownboy i have never connected using ics, but go here :

http://www.xbox.com/support/live/winicserrormessages.htm

http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/Connect/usingics.htm

you may find what your looking for there .

Advertisement