Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display Properties Issue

Options
  • 14-07-2003 9:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

I finally got past the admin password on windows NT and Upgraded the OS to Windows 2000 But on the Display Properites

It will only give me a choice of 16 colours and I need true colour and the Screen Size is all wrong.

Anyone know how I can fix this ............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

are the drivers for the graphics card installed correctly? Check Device Mangler and see what it says under Display Adapters, if it says something like "standard display adapter" then the drivers for your card aren't installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

No they are not Installed properly
    I am having issues with the 3 below

Multimedia Audio Controller
    PCI Device
    Video Controller

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

right well you'll need to get the driver disks (or download them) for your sound card and graphics card and install the drivers.
    If you don't know which cards you have, you'll have to open the box and take a look at them. Or you may have the documentation for each of them which will tell you.
    The other card could be anything; a modem, ethernet card etc etc. Or it may be part of the above mentioned cards and will go away once you install drivers for them.

Advertisement