Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suikoden problem

Options
  • 14-07-2003 10:02am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The Suikoden series is one of my favouirite RPG series. However there is one thing that really annoyed me about it. I recently payed a lot of money for the NTSC version of Suikoden 1. However I could not transfer my save data from the NTSC suikoden 1 and my PAL Suikoden 2. Is there any way to remedy this. Also I have the NTSC version of Suikoden 3 and was wondering if anyone experienced the same problem with transfering save data from the PAL suikoden 2 and the NTSC suikoden 3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

3 steps.

1. buy a dex drive. lik-sang have em cheap and id buy all the stuff you can afford before they go under.
    2. get a hex editor to the gme memory card filesyo created from your memory card with the saves and try your damndest to find the hex number that relates to the area code of the game save. im no programmer but i would say it would be in the very first few bytes of the save block. im sure there are people on ngemu.com who know how to do this kind of thing.
    3. use the edited gme to make a nice shiny new memory card with your newly purchased dex drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

ahhh Suikoden my fav RPG :)

if that was released over here I think I would buy the PS2 just to play it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can get a chipped PS2 and then import it. It's worth it. Suikoden 3 is looking as if is better than even FFX.

Advertisement