Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Venezuelan billionaire eyes Villa

• 14-07-2003 11:26am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A mystery South American billionaire has opened talks with Aston Villa chairman Doug Ellis about buying a major stake in the club.

See here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Dirty Barry

Great news if it comes through.

"I can't say if he is going to pump £100m into Villa and buy Ronaldo - but my client is a billionaire and there would be a significant injection of money. I'm sure David O'Leary would like a few more bob to spend."

Too right !

Ellis out !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Originally posted by Dirty Barry

Ellis out !

The mystery billionaire actually intends to leave the tighest arse in football history as chairman, so contary to all villa fan's wishes Ellis would in fact be still in a job.
    But still i hope it goes through cause a few bob for transfers certinaly wouldnt go astray!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ellis's days are numbered he's 79 and ill so I don't think he will be for much longer.

I just hope if the money comes to david o'leary he won't waste it like he did at leeds. Villa have a sound base with a lot of young players coming through they won the youth cup 2 seasons ago.

Sell angel& balaban.

That leaves us with vassell,allback,crouch and the moore brothers (stefan and luke)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

speaking as a villa fan it is great news,anyone is better then ellis,we may not get ronaldo but jesus christ maybe we can get a better calibre of player then leonardshan or kinsella?by the way shall people be attending the villa game v leeds in august?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

No we need to keep Balaban and Angel sell crouch and Boulding they are absolutely useless we need a decent central midfielder one who can spread the ball. someone like colin healy would be good. as for the money situation we are completely debt free as doug ellis does not wish to spend too much money thats why nobody at villa park earns more than £35000 PW. I think we definatley need a new chairperson one that would offer enough financial support to DOL with doing a peter ridsdale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

All I want is for Villa to start playing some decent football and David O'Leary's style at Leeds was great. Anything after that is a bonus for me.
    we need to keep Balaban and Angel...
    Agreed. Balaban never got a chance and that muppet Taylor couldn't figure out a solid first 11 nevermind a striking partnership so Angel, Allback etc should be given a chance (you'd get fcuk all for them if they were sold anyway).

G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Amazing how this story hasn't got as much publicity as the Chelsea version!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by [JcCM]Murderer
    Amazing how this story hasn't got as much publicity as the Chelsea version!

Nothing set in stone yet just inquires thats all if it happens you'l see a lot more

Advertisement