Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork-Dublin Coach Service

• 14-07-2003 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I wonder could anyone give me some advice here:

I don't know Cork at all, but in a couple of weeks I have to be in the Imperial Hotel, South Mall until 6.30 Sunday evening. Then I have to get back up to Dublin.

Now, the last train leaves Cork at seven; would I make it? :confused: The last Bus Eireann bus that doesn't take 14 hours or something leaves at 6. If I couldn't make it to the train station on time is there a coach service that leaves a bit later on?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by Dónall
    I don't know Cork at all, but in a couple of weeks I have to be in the Imperial Hotel, South Mall until 6.30 Sunday evening. Then I have to get back up to Dublin.

Now, the last train leaves Cork at seven; would I make it?
    If you get a move on, yeah, it shouldn't take more'n twenty minutes or so. Want directions?

EDIT: Course you do. Come out of the main door of the Imperial and turn left. Walk to the end of the Mall and turn left again. Walk to the river and turn right. Left over the bridge and walk as far as Leisureplex (on the left). Turn right and cross the road and you'll see the railings of the train station ahead of you, slightly to the left.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

yep, half an hour is plenty of time

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dónall

Thanks folks,
    that's a relief to hear. Look forward to seeing Cork for the first time as I rush for the station ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Get the first train on Monday, stay over and have a few pints. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dónall

That'd be just the thing; and me starting a new job in Dublin that very Monday morning :D
    I'll be doing the a few pints in Cork thing on Sat night anyways.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement