Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to record a game?

Options
  • 14-07-2003 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

ehm, how do you record games? I used to play quake and I used to be able to record games by typing in commands to the console, and then later watch them with slow replay's, different angles of the action etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The way me and a few mates do it for our stunt video's is use an external program which records a raw .avi file (about 1gig per minute of video in size) them compile them down to a believable size and watch them that way.

An in-game record command would save us a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Elite force had an external proggie called efrecorder plus an internal recorder as well, pity bf doesnt have something like this would be brilliant

Regards

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ive been searching through a few forums trying to find out if there is any ingame console command to record video with but i cant find any. The best i have found is to use a program called Fraps. You will need a good chunk of Ram to get a good video and lag-less BF though as a lot of people have been gving out about uberlan with Fraps running. A guy called Crazy Hobbit has got a page up with a How to Capture BF Videos which is worth a look. It explains how to use Fraps. Crazy Hobbit's Guide to making videos for Battlefield 1942.

Also, if you have a TV-Out i]Winters look at back of pc and smiles[/i you could hook it up to a recording yolkie [Camera, VHS etc.] and record stright out of BF.... :)

Thats all i can find at the moment. If i get anything else ill post it up. :)

Advertisement