Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bt phone adapter

Options
  • 14-07-2003 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

hi,

dunno if i'm in the right forum but does any1 know what is in the adaptes used to make a uk phone work on an eircom line? i have heard that it is a capacitor. damned if i'm paying a tenner 4 one.:D

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jackbauer

just worked it out myself.cut off the bt plug and connect the yellow and brown (or whatever colour the two outside wires are) to the 2 "hot" lines.this should give u a dial tone but the ringer will not work on incomming calls.to get it to work hook a 220nF cap between either "hot" line and the red wire to the bt phone.ringer will now work. so much for a "special" adapter. 5 cent cap and a bit of soldering:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I picked up a few adaptors for about a quid each. If someone is charging you a tenner they're making quite a bit in profit margin (anything up to two thousand percent - nice if you can get it). Any decent phone shop should sell the things for a euro or two.

Advertisement