Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay-to-Play? Band/artists read this...

Options
  • 14-07-2003 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I am interested in writing an article on the subject of pay-to-play gigs in Ireland (Dublin). I have very little information right now, as many people have been unwilling to talk about their experiences.

If you are an artist or band member that has run into pay-to-play (whether you decided to do it or not), and are willing to talk about your experience (anonymously or otherwise), please email me.

Cheers!

-angela.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

Hi there, My name is Niall and I help to organize things in GigSmart which is an organization set up by musicians for Musicians to combat the pay to play policy's that have ruined the music scene in Dublin.
    We have all been scammed in the past so if you want to contact me and I can tell you of things that have happened to me while playing gigs in Dublin and things that I have heard about from previous experience's and ongoing.

Cheers

Niall, jstrand@indigo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Hello, I'd be delighted to help if required, Gigsmart was set up as a counterance to the once predominate pay-to-play scene. Its not gone away but we ran the idea down by giving bands prime spot gigs that cost nothing and gave them an equal share in the profits.

We are a non-profit organisation run by musicians for musicians.

I can be contacted on 085-7189920

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Snap!

You nerd! Couldn't keep away from the net for a minute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mr christopher

Hi, i can help out a little on this subject, chrisogrady@dublin.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rueyn

I don't have a mobile, as I'm in the States...email me? rueyn@landofrueyn.org

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rueyn

an artist or two that's willing to talk about this...email me: rueyn--at--landofrueyn.org

Advertisement