Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overclock nf7s and xp1800,best method?

Options
  • 14-07-2003 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Hi all,whats the best way to overclock using abit nf7s board and xp1800 cpu with 512mb twinmoss 2.5cl and heavy duty cooler?any help would be appreciated!!!Might as well try as i cannot sell my cpu as value has fallen to far!!!cheers:;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

i can get it pretty stable at 9.5 *200 mhz fsb, but i am using serious water cooling, so be carefull.
    i have the exact same rig as you, just 2*256 MB ram for dual ddr, and i know it can run the 1800 faster than 1900 Mhz, just cant get the mem timings right, if anyone know how please let me know as i thermal wise can go very high!!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Had my 2100 running with 256MB TwinMoss Cl2.5 @ 2,2,2,6 at 220*11. Running 2 sticks i got 215fsb.
    The method i used was to see how high i could get the fsb with good timings by putting my cpu at a very low multiplier .Then i upped the fsb till it got unstable.
    Then i checked how high i could get my cpu by having the fsb low.
    Then i combined the two to get me overclock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

What core is the Xp1800+ ?? If you dont know post the code printed on the chip. I have a Tbred B Xp1800+ and it was stable @2100Mhz , would boot @2300Mhz but i prob needed better cooling to keep it stable. If its a Tbred A your talkin mabye 1800Mhz - 1900Mhz, and if its a palmino your talkin a very minimal overclock. Your board is a definet good'n so that wont hold you back.

You should post your ram speed (pc2700,pc3200) and your PSU. Mite be able to help you a little more. Also mabye the cooler your using.

Advertisement