Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sim card problems...

• 14-07-2003 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I'm using the Sony CMD-Z7 and this morning my sim card spontaneously stopped working. I left my house at 7 and it was fine. I checked it about a quarter past for the time and it was displaying "Insert sim card". Other cards work in my phone, and my sim wont work on other phones :/ The connections do appear to be worn. I've tried using paper to push the card onto the pins, hoping it would register, but unfortunately this didn’t work. I don’t mind losing the sim, as I can always get another with my number, I do however mind losing the 30/40 names in there though :( Does anyone have any ideas on how I might go about retrieving them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Some agents offer the facility to copy the contents of one sim to another, maybe you could call into them and see what they can manage. It is a long shot though, the sim seems knackered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Now's probably not the best time to remind everybody to back up your phone numbers regularly...

Check with the mobile operator that you are with, maybe they will be able to have at look at their end to see if something appears to be wrong, but I admit that it should at least be allowing you into the phone.

Like jesus_thats_great said, take the SIM to your local carphonewarehouse, they have a wee machine for reading and writing to sims. If it doesn't work them, then I think the only thing that it will be good for is picking the crud from beneath your fingernails.

Steve.

Advertisement