Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying radio DJs

Options
  • 14-07-2003 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭

Anyone here have a "favourite" annoying DJ/radio presenter. My top two are:

1) Venetia Quick who does the traffic and co-presents on Lite FM in the evenings . Jesus could she have any more of a D4 accent. It has to be heard to be believed. "Roight the rwouuuabout on the malahoide rwode is bemper to bemper" She's like Lorraine Keane used to be on AA roadwatch except even worse. She also tries to make little witty comments during her reports - but ends up sounding like a silly bimbo who's head is way up her own a*se

2) That guy on 2fm in the evenings - don't know his name - he has a bad fake american accent and continually tells people to "take it handy on the roads people, leave plenty of space between you and the car in front and remember to turn on your lights" Who does he think he is some road safety expert or something?!

So, who are the DJs that you love to hate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

I cant listen to ANY of the DJs or radio stations. Each one with more crap than the last

FM104 -"we play the same four songs over and over again!"

98FM - "and now have another great really stupid competiton"

2FM - "now, every 85 year old womans favorite DJ - Jerry Ryan"

....which all explains my vast mp3 collection. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by BrianD3
    2) That guy on 2fm in the evenings
    ah ffs, i hate that spanner so much, he's the reason i only listen to 2fm at the weekends now.
    on a whole dj's are pretty annoying tho, always talking over the best bits of a tune & gibbering away about something you don't give a crap about...
    the last 2 that i actually didn't mind listening to were mark kavanagh and donel scannel (???) back when today fm was called radio ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Oh yeah - the 2fm evening guy I'm referring to isn't Gareth O Callaghan. He's pretty annoying too but isn't the worst of them by any means. I think O'Callaghan is now in the afternoon/early evening slot where the other guy used to be. I think the other guy may be Tony Fenton? Anyone know for sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭nuvolari

havn't listened to the radio since phantom fm went off air. everything else just annoys me. it isn't three songs in a row when you stop for a jingle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

All of them except Sara Cox. The problem with DJ's is that they speak instead of being music. I don't want to listen to some guy singing the end of a song - I want to listen to the end of the song.

I couldn't believe what I heard today
    "Your listening to todays non stop hits at six [or something like that] and now we'll have a short break and return you to the non stop hits."

You can actually flick through all radio stations and get DJ's blabbing on about their own voice in Dublin. I did that today and the only music I heard was classical music. Much better tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone who should signs of wishing to present music on radio should be taken out back and shot! All music should be on a
    massive database and played by machine entirely at random
    (within genres of course).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I couldn't stand that guy Desperate Dan that used to be on FM104. He annoyed the hell out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I hate Jack & Ally on Spin1038 ... they do that annoying SpinTalk in the afternoons!!

Have to say I really like Dave McWilliams & George Hook [current affairs on NewsTalk 106]:rolleyes:

Originally posted by BrianD3
    I think the other guy may be Tony Fenton? Anyone know for sure?
    could be cormac battle, that's a suitibly knob jockeyesque name.
    i'm pretty sure it's not tony f

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

i hate scot mills, emma b and namone (unsure about sp) all radio one, i dont like the guy who does the chart on 2fm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Cormac Battle is on from 12am-2am on 2FM. He plays good music. Just played My Bloody Valentine a minute ago. Unlike everyone else since Phantom got busted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Hmmm well since moving to england I have started listening to BBC radio 1..... Mard and Lard and Moyles own my ass tbh.... I think they play a wide range of music.... some which I dont like but hey at least the choice is there, and I dont mean once a week..... varying music nightly...... Since getting broadbacd I've been listening to Virgin radio which can be picked up on FM in London and on the web around the world..... they seem to play pretty l33t music.... old and new but stuff I think everyone would remember/like.

Irish radio is ****e...... Dave fanning does my tits in as does Jerry "Nob-End" Ryan.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Are you joking Gordon?Sara Cox is the most annoying thing next to the alarm clock in the morning.That northern raspy voice really gets me riled.
    Lump-Im a big fan of Chris Moyles too but TBH I hate the music in general on his show.But I dont think the playlist is up to him-he is told what to play by the"greyheads"as he calls them.
    "Lets play Viaduct "THE REEEVENGE!"

The question was about Dj's I just stuck in the music thing to be in the cool gang...... I really listen to Mark and Lard and Moyle's for the Shananigans..........

John

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

red fm
    cork city
    that ameiran twat WOLF

fuk i hate him ...... he goes to england calls the irish dumb and stupid for a laugh say the ulster unionist terrorist are right for what their doing.He HATES the EU because it a threat to the usa and isreal say,s where stupid for joining ..etc etc etc

then he come,s to ireland and says the same about england !!!!!!!!! i mean **** sake what a asshole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

Ian Dempsey really annoys me, he is just far too PC, his morning show is sooooo boring, it's like he's reading cue cards the whole time. he never listens to callers or guests, he's just thinking about what he has to say next. He never does anything exciting or controversial cos he's too boring and afraid. ahem.

Tom Dunne is pretty cool, he plays good music, doesn't force his opinions on ppl.

Can anyone answer me this, why is there NO good music on the radio on a Sunday night???

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I guess I just fancy her Gopher.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

And off you go to Music/ Radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by commuterised
    ICan anyone answer me this, why is there NO good music on the radio on a Sunday night???

err Donal Dineen.. Here Comes The Night & Headphones.. theres no better shows on the radio..

http://www.todayfm.com/dddtemp.html

cLOUDEAD, Miles Davis, Beth Gibbons, Boards Of Canada, Xela, Flaming Lips, Death In Vegas.. in one show? yes please.

Donal Dineen is the guy that used to present no disco years ago isn't he?
    fantastic presenter if its the guy i'm thinking of

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

Gerry Ryan. I work in a cement sealed 'secure cash' area in a bank and the only station we pick up clear reception for is 2fm. ugh, kill him, kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Ryan Tubridy on 2FM in the morning.
    He talks such rubbish, and thinks he is actually funny ! Duh !

Those two on Spin - Jack & Ally - probably the worst dj's ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I wouldn't be able to rest unless I mentioned Dave Fanning here.

He's probably not as 'IN YOUR FACE annoying' as the previous mentions on this thread but easily ten times worse in my book because he's actually given 'so-called' cool music to play first in Ireland which leaves the listener with a double edged sword of 'do I listen in for some potentially good music and suffer the meandering twaddle of that 50 year old gimp .... or do I not?'.

Currently I do not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Kali
    err Donal Dineen.. Here Comes The Night & Headphones.. theres no better shows on the radio..

cLOUDEAD, Miles Davis, Beth Gibbons, Boards Of Canada, Xela, Flaming Lips, Death In Vegas.. in one show? yes please.

Okay I amend my kill 'em all to exclude Donal Dineen, though I blow hot and cold with him, sometimes he'll string together 30 mins of bliss but sometimes I'll have to switch off, as I can take only so much glichty electronica. I must send him my CD...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It'd be so much easier to list the GOOD dj's in ireland, the standard of commercial radio in Ireland is pretty crappy!

Gerry Ryan (of course), Any breakfast jocks (particularly the terminally unfunny strawberry alarm clock crew on fm104), all the geriatrics on 2FM....it's a youth station guys, Donna Lyons on Dublin south and Nova (Loves herself and hasn't great taste in music), and there's a girl on Phantom who talks in what she thinks is a sexy whisper but in fact she sounds like she's in a complete jocker in fact sometimes she sounds like she's about to give a death rattle!

mark and lard, and chris moyles are keeping the radio one ship from sinking. i have always hated fanni-ng

Hmmmmm to be honest, I work most sunday nights and there is NO music worth a curse listening to on the radio. I tried hooking my MD player to the amp...... people in work wern't too happy with my music choice.

Oh I met Tim Westwood in Carlisle...... Now HE IS A NOB!

YE YE, I IS BLACK...... BIG UP TO ALL MEH HOMIES..... God I'm glad he was shot by that gang in London...... I HATE HIM!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Kali

Donal Dineen is a shining light to DJs everywhere. I accidentally came across his show about two weeks ago (very rarely listen to the radio after about 8). I've been tuning in since when I can.
    Originally posted by eth0_
    in fact she sounds like she's in a complete jocker in fact sometimes she sounds like she's about to give a death rattle!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Dadrock on Today FM 9- 11 on a sunday night was a good show (IMO - other people obviously will have different taste in music) I say was because it doesn't seem to be on anymore. Anyone know what happened to it? The original DJ was Marty Miller but he left and was replaced by Ian Naughter (sp?) Miller was very good, Naughter was OK but had an annoying habit of cutting off songs well before they finished.

BrianD3

• Advertisement

its not what they play its just theyre annoying assholes

Advertisement