Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half price IBB installation

Options
  • 14-07-2003 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

But only for a special few. I just order it. Ring them up and ask for an information booklet if your interested. Still e160

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Special Few?

Are these people on specific masts?

My nearest mast is the new Guinness one, which I hear is live but there hasn't been any change/news on the Irish Broadband website (except the availability map now doesn't work!)

I registered my interest with IBB about the Guinness Mast back in March.

I also have a question for existing IBB users,
    How neat is their cabling/drilling, do they install a network wall socket, how flexible are they with respect to cabling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

thats the mast i'll probably be getting it off myself. I have a flyer, offering me half price, certain people get emails. Ring them up, ask for someone called elaine and inquire about the half price installation offer. Ask for an information pack and they will send you out one in afew days with the flyer. That mast is live BTW for a few weeks now, i'd get onto them, they are very bussy and it looks liek i'll be waiting 10 days for a lien of sight test.

As for installation, don't know how neet they are, but your there watching them when they install it so you can question anything you don't like. Then install a network bridge, they call it a network radio. They will install as much cable as required, but if the radio is to far from the reciever then you need power over ethernet, which costs a fair few yoyo's extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Silent Assasin

im on the guinness mast now as we speak and Im impressed.. The boys that installed it were very neat and they dont mind what way they cable it up..

They asked me what way i wanted it to run and even cable tied to an existing cable

I got the installation for Half Price aswell.. I dont think its a select few the Girl told me it was a promotion they were doing..

Its a good service so far. And Im Happy

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

:eek: for an irish broadband provider that sounds like great service (the whole installation-neatness-thing). Go IBB!

I dont suppose by some magical occurance that the signal from the Guinness mast extends all the way past the phoenix park, past Castleknock and into the Roselawn area? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

.... and then a little further into Brookhaven in Blanch?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

By select few i mean those who have either recieved an email about it, or the info pack. If you just say you have recieved an email they will mark you down for half price, no checking it out or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

The half price Installation offer is still available.
    I got a phone call from a person in Irish Broadband on friday afternoon and they arranged a LOS test for me for today.
    Unfortunately it failed, I wasn't there so I couldn't ask as to why it failed.

Very sad:(

The guy did mention to my housemate about the Navini product being available soon but god knows when that will be available at my location (Stoneybatter).

Advertisement