Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a decent dvd player?

Options
  • 14-07-2003 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

im gonna be up in dublin on wednesday so can someone tell me where i can get a decent dvd player? it has to be a multi-region one and preferably silver, slim and light with some decent features (good sound etc.) and a remote. i can pay up to €190ish.
    any help's muchos appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

I know this is not exactly what you want to hear since you are travelling to buy...but amazon.co.uk have some pretty cool multi region dvd from toshiba on sale for about that price...

sorry if its too off the ball for you....

if you do need to buy the you could always try pcworld. a bit of a shower of plonkers admittingly. i would try the one in liffey valley shopping centre. its pretty big and although it was a while since i was there....i recall they had a pretty good range for that price.

best of luck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

my second option was actually to buy on from either an amazon or techtronics.com.....i'll have a look anyway - cheers for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

you could always just order from richersounds.ie anyway... delivery from belfast might be cheaper than from amazon... either way you're not going to get something too good for 190 (best bet quality-wise would be a black diamond or pioneer), theres always the cyberhome 505 too which aint too bad (avoid 528)

will you be using it for music too? with what sort of tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

The reviews for this player have been excellent. What HiFi gave it 5 stars.

Good price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Then there's this one, which I'm tempted to just order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Thats a bargain alright but for £20 more would you not buy the Toshiba. What HiFi were drooling over the quality of the picture and sound for the price plus it has component outs if your tv or projector has component ins for the highest quality picture.

I ordered it today when I saw the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

I have one of these well pleased with it. Also the slimmest DVD player I've seen (height wise) at just over 5 cm.

Advertisement