Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Subscription! - Notify by Email

Options
  • 15-07-2003 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

I subscribed to a Forum which i thought would send me a message every time a message is posted on that Forum, but that's not what it does. Not sure what it does!
    Is there anyway to recieve an email every time a message or more importantly a new message is posted to a particular forum?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Um, there is, but we usually only set that up for Moderators of the forums.

Subscribing to a forum means that it appears in your usercp , so you can determine quickly from each new visit if there have been any new posts in that forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I think the trouble is your mail box would be swamped if you got an e-mail everytime someone posted in your subscribed forum after all some people are subscribed in twenty to thirty different forums,with each forum having up to five active threads at any one time.That would mean alot of pointless e-mails being sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

You might be mixing Forum up with a single thread. I think that there is an option of being notified if a reply is posted to a thread you have started/replied to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭byrnenj

nope! I ment forum

Advertisement