Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN Modem/TA?

Options
  • 15-07-2003 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can't get Broadband, so ISDN is next best thing. So here's the question:

I'd rather not have to buy a modem/TA from Eircom if I can avoid it. What alternatives are around (and a rough idea of cost) I'd prefer to get something that still has an analogue port or two attached 'cos I have a fax, etc....

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Take a look at this thread, should have all the best T/A's to get.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77581&highlight=eicon

I recommend the Eicon Diva personally, if you can wait 3-4 weeks i could probably sell you my one as im getting DSL. At least if your interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Ditto the last post.

If Eircom keep their promise I should have a US Robotics PCI ISDN TA that will need a good home :) Has given me sterling service for the past two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Thanks for the offer of the equipment guys, but unfortunately, I can't get ISDN! I'm about 3 miles from the exchange, but it seems that the wiring in the area is cable that was used to connect exchanges. It was "downgraded" (?) and re-used for domestic cabling. Its not good enough to permit ISDN, so.......:(

Mike

Advertisement