Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wardriving in Galway.

• 15-07-2003 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Anyone else doing this?

I've swept through the city a few times with my Wireless PDA and Netstumbler. The number of times I could gain access was shocking. There are about 25 unsecured APs within 300 meters or so of the Square. About half of these have internet access of 128K ISDN or better. The industrial estates (Mervue, Parkmore et all) are quite bad too. I accessed a 1Mb line in Mervue on Saturday).

Does anyone want to help me map this stuff? I don't have GPS, so it would take me a while on my own.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

You do realise that gaining access to these networks is illegal and you've just admitted to it? I dont beleive discussing methods of breaking into peoples internet connections should be on this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement