Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where: 1/4" BSPT barbs and 1/2" ID tubing

Options
  • 15-07-2003 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to replace the tubing in my watercooling system, from 5/16" ID to 1/2" ID, as things are getting quite hot these days and I've just upgraded the hardware...

Anyone know a place where I could get 1/4" threaded BSPT barbs with 1/2" hose ends, and some flexible 1/2" ID tubing. Was hoping I'd find tygon, but any flexible tubing would do, the one I have at the moment is very prone to kinks.

I found the stuff on www.flomax.ie but they only sell the tubing in 30 meter coils. I only need 2 meters at the most !

On the other hand, I found all this stuff on a webshop in the UK, where replacing the tubing in my system would cost me 80 euro, and that's without shipping ! Talk about inflated prices, just because it's an overclocking store... After all, we're talking about standard plumbing gear here, there must be stores that carry this stuff in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Modern Plant on the Naas Rd. usually carry that kind of thing and if not they should be able to point you in the right direction. Call in if possible as you will get the runaround over the phone.
    Micro Hydraulics in the Calor centre, off the Longmile Rd. might also be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I use 1/2" braided vinyl which won't kink to easy but it also wont bend very easy so i am using 1/2" copper tubing to take the sharp bends . These are very cheap and can be found at most hardware stores. Try http://www.radionics.ie/ for the barbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

Saw some tubing in B&Q (near rope section beleive it or not, about mid way along the store, after tool section though, near check-outs.
    Think it's probably the braided vinyl type, though they may have clear tubing in stock.
    HTH,
    MK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

Maybe you should get better rad or rad cooling fan. I have tried two waterblocks with different tubing and didn't really make the difference as looked like pump couldn't make use of the extra water.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Performance gained going from 3/8" to 1/2" can very from reducing performance to incresing it by a good deal. Depends on your entire setup.
    AS an example if your block doesn't get any better with extra flow and the extra flow you get going from 3/8" to 1/2" might take you out of the sweet spot for your rad (i.e.. where your rad is most efficient).
    It also might help a lot if both your rad and block like the extra flow.
    Its no harm to have the extra flow as it is less back pressure on the pump and you generally want your block to be the most restrictive item in the system.

• Advertisement
Advertisement