Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email on Nokia 6310i ?

• 15-07-2003 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

couldn't find anything on the O2 site so figured I'd try here.
    I see that I can send email from this phone.
    Right now it's asking for "e-mail server number" and I presume it'll ask more questions beyond that.

Is it asking for information that my service provider (O2) should have or is it looking for ISP information ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I know that Vodafone dont support this feature of the handset.. I would guess O2 does not either but ya never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I thought Vodaphone did. I know O2 do too, or at least I've seen it done. Let me get home and dig up the settings.

Nope, from a service point of view, Vodafone Ireland do not support the feature on the Nokia 6310i by which you can send an email using the Email option in the Messages menu.

The basic Nokia 6310i does not have an email client, I am presuming it is possible to download a java email client however.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

vodafone told me I could not use e-mail on my phone cause i'm a ready to go customer maybe o2 has the same policy

No this is a different issue, the reason RTG customers cannot send emails using an email client on their handset is this... In order to download emails using an email client, your handset is configured to access the ISP.VODAFONE.IE APN using GPRS, this APN is not available to RTG customers. This is only available to Pay Monthly customers. This I am guessing is why they told you what they did. Do you have a GX10, GD87 or 7650 handset by any chance?

You can still access your email by manually configuring a CSD profile so it will access an ISP by dialing, and then download emails from whatever POP account..

The feature on the 6310i is a totally different issue as it does not have an email client. The same also applies to the 3510i, 6610, 7210 and 7250 i think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement