Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom Sign During The Flaming Lips ...

Options
  • 15-07-2003 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

So who were the peeps in the audience at the main stage with the "Bring back Phantom FM 91.6/88.1 FM" sign that appeared briefly on the big screens during The Flaming Lips? Who ever you are, thanks for your support!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

The Thrills said something to that effect during their set as well.. called the government a bunch of bastards too, if I heard correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Saw the same thing on the text msg thing screen wotsit ticker a couple of times during the Frames about the much missed PhantomFM...had to keep awake somehow..

Funniest text comment i saw was somebody couldnt wait to get back to their tent to squeeze someones lemon and let it dribble down their leg etc etc.

Sorry Glen, I wasnt laughing at youuuu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

talking about funny messages I saw a bloke with a jacket with
    "even jusus hates the revs" on the back

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I bought a paper to read on the witnness bus on sunday am, think it was News of the Screws and they had a review of Saturday at witness and it said how great Coldplay and the ReDs were....oops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Clawfeld

Hey,

I was the one with the "sign"...well it was a T-Shirt. I was with me and my 4other mates..Dave,Bren,Mick and Steve..on the front it had the bring back phantom 88.1/91.6FM..and on the back it had mic christopher(1969-2001)on the top and 100%Irish on the bottom. i tried to get the Frames(specially)glen to see it but people started hittin me wen i put up the t-shirt!!!DAM THEM!!!!
    BRING BACK PHANTOM FM....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

i dunno if anyone was watching the scrolling text messages on the main stage video screen but right after the camera zoomed in on that sign there was a wee deluge of texts saying bring back phantom (one of them was mine yay!)

it was great! touch of people power! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bazza

Myself and the wife both sent text messages to the ticker-tape on the big screens saying bring back Phantom. We had to of course because it was the wife who won the Phantom competition for the weekend pass to Witnness!!! Thanks Phantom! Top notch weekend....

Some of the highlights for us were Turn and Turin Brakes.

Still think a "Bring Back Phantom" T-shirt is a great idea lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 playmate

theres an idea! they should make a load of them....sell them at phantasm n other phantom type/supported gigs...n any money money made could go towards phantom towers for equipment r watever!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

First of all, just to say a HUGE thanks to all who wore Phantom related T-shirts, held up signs, sent texts to the big screen or in any other way supported Phantom at Witnness. Really is very much appreciated. Likewise the bands etc who have been plugging us at gigs and in interviews lately. Keep it up, amazing the difference it makes!

On the topic of Bring Back Phantom t-shirts, well thats a mighty good idea. Anybody know someone who will produce them on credit for us ;)

Needless to say we are still bashing away at trying to get Phantom back on to FM (for both sanity and bankruptcy reasons!) and I promise a news update early next week.

Hopefully see some of you at the Phantom FM music quiz in the Sugar Club next Wednesday.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Advertisement
Advertisement