Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic Adventure DX

Options
  • 15-07-2003 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

I went out and bought this today,and it seems to be fairly cheaply done...sure,the graphics are improved, but I havent noticed anything so far that wasnt in the original sonic adventure.. They even kept the crappy-voiceovers :(

Im also noticing the lack of a chao school...
    Anybody else playing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Tut. If you read the reviews on eurogamer you'd have realised that. And thus not wasted your money.

Needless to say a copy of it exists in this house - purely just because I have to own every Sonic game ever... even if they are just shameless cash-ins (like this one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I've got the DC version and what I'll say is it's good in places. There are about 3 levels which are really good. Lost World in particular is magnificent; atmospheric music, pretty graphics, interesting obstacles.

The problem with the game is the adventure aspects and all the extra characters are dull as dishwater.

They should just make Sonic games without all the peripheral **** and concentrate on the level design. A nice simple, arcadey Sonic game would be much nicer. Something with the same design philosophy as Super Monkey Ball.

Sonic Team should just stick to original titles. AM2 or Amusement Vision could do alot more with the concept if they had the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Gotta kind of agree. They definitely needed to drop the adventure element - and technically for the not-so-aptly named Sonic Adventure 2, they did thankfully.

For the next Sonic game - they really need to get into arcade basics, put the real blistering speed that these games were once renowned for back into it.

The problem is - it's much harder to achieve this in 3d without people calling it "linear" than it was to do in 2d. They're treading a careful tightrope...

Needless to say - Sonic Heroes (is it?) has me somewhat excited, because they're trying something different again... and only time will tell if they can restore the once (almost?) legendary status of Sonic 2...

Advertisement