Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guide to setting up WEP on my wireless network ?

Options
  • 15-07-2003 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

I've got a D-Link wireless basestation and I want to setup WEP security on it. The problem I'm encountering is that I'm using a Mac with it (using Apple's Airport card); although I've got a laptop with a wireless card I haven't used it in 3 months and don't anticipate using it in the next 3.
    The terminology is annoyingly different across the two platforms.

Can anyone point me to some forums or sites with guides on this ? (before I get lost in googlespaghetti)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ok it is 40 bit + 24bit magic number

40/64 WEP seems to have better interoperability than the 128.

once you've got that working then try 128 - best if you use the HEX entry rather than typing in ascii..

Advertisement