Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oral contraceptives and extacy

• 15-07-2003 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hey does anyone know if there are any negating effects to extacy use when taking oral contraceptives ie. the oral contraceptives becoming useless?

I have a fair idea in my own head of the answer but i was wondering did anyone here know of anything more concrete.

Oh and i'm not lookin for any anti-drugs preach's or safe sex preach's, please.

That is all,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I honestly think that you should speak to a doctor about this. a doctor will give you professional advice even if he will give you the anti drug speech - he will give you the medical fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Shouldn't do, since MDMA has no estrogenic properties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

sykeirl gives this message to you:
    Ecstacy effects heart rate and blood pressure and effects some of the same pathways in anti-epileptic associated medication.

For this reason it should not be trusted with ecstacy usage.
    Therefore - ecstacy can be detrimental to oral contraception as he suggests.

Which means - you have just heard two completely different arguments - the only possible solution is to not take ecstacy until you get youself to a doctor and find out for medical fact.

on that note...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement