Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Guide/ drinks guide

• 15-07-2003 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

As a student/apprentice chef I thought that I might just start up a "Little Guide" of places to eat what to drink in and around Ireland where I have been/worked..I hope this will help you choose a place to eat in the future

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Cool, surprised that you haven't made any suggestions in your first post though.

There is a sticky about restaurant guides in this forum however.

[due to your nick - I hope that you aren't talking about the best places to eat crisps in...]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jaybuses crisp

location=temple bar
    Resturant= la med

la med located across from the temple bar bar :P

No need to pre book as even on a busy saturday i managed to get a table for 2

Interior= try to get seats near the front as its a bit crowded at the back but a nice modern feel.

Menu= Not a big menu but as this is in temple bar Its going to be busy ergo smaller menu. As you can guess the menu is med based with a lot of fish dishes and pasta but you can still get your steak.

Service=Very fast and proffesional which is a suprise nowdays

What we ordered

Starter
    Golden fryed goats cheese with a berry coulis/seafood chowder

Main
    Seafood pasta dish (cant remember the name but its the only one on the menu)/stuffer cornfed chicken breast

desserts
    Cheese board (and i had to laugh at it 3 small peices of cheese for eight euro)
    double chocolate fudge cake (not home made)

1 bottle of white wine (australian)
    2 coffees

price £80 euro

conc

A nice place to have a meal was amused with the bits of octapus in the seafood pasta, steaming at the cheese board 3 bits of cheese and one of them was cashel blue

But the meal lasted about 1 1/2 hours and never felt rushed
    wine was nice sorry I cant remember the name of it but next time I will.

Would I go back = yes
    rateing out of 10= 6

Advertisement