Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location of North Main exchange?

• 15-07-2003 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Does anyone know the location of the North Main exchange?

I ordered broadband from esat three weeks ago, being in constant contact with esat I was told the line was contected and I would receive my modem 'any day now'

I was finally told today that my line could not be connected as I was too far from my exchange (North Main.) I got this confirmed with eircom.

The thing is I live in Smithfield (very close to city centre), which from what I can work out is very close to customs house and phibsborro exchanges. Not sure where North Main is, does anyone know? Also, what is the max distance you should be from the exchange?

Thanks,

Adrian.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Distance is definitely not the problem. I'm only down the road from you and I know several people in the apartments around the corner from the plaza using DSL-both eircom and Esat. The problem is more than likely the cable running into your house or there's a fault on your line. Ring eircom and ask them to do a check on your neighbours' lines just to be sure.

Anyhow, to answer your question; your relatively near Phibsboro exchange (it's up in the Shopping Centre), but nowhere near the Customs House one. North Main is located under the Tax Office in O'Connell St. I make it as about 1.3 km to Smithfield from there. The max distance eircom use for their filtering is about 4.5km (cable length, not as the crow flies).

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BlueWho

Thanks for the information gombín.

Adrian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Does anyone know the location of the North Main exchange

North main exchange is On O'Connell st in Dublin

To be more exact in the hamman building next to Peter mark and Burger king !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BlueWho

Thanks for that. I am less that 1 KM for the exchange. They confirmed today that in fact the person I was talking to yesterday was wrong, it was not the distance from the exchange, rather my line is crap despite it being a relatively new line.

Apparently there is nothing they will do now, they will not upgrade the line or anything.

Ah well. :(

Adrian.

Advertisement