Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IactOnline.com

Options
  • 15-07-2003 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

http://www.iactonline.com/iact/

- Anyone ever do any of their courses and get certified? I'm planning on doing these courses:

Webmaster level 1 diploma
    Webmaster level 2 advanced diploma,
    PHP & MySQL
    Photoshop

Anyone have done these courses or have done other courses they offer?
    I'm planning on doing these instead of going to college.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

These courses tend to be a bit on the expensive side. Have you got any prices?

You may want to checkout www.bitsplitter.com - its a great resource for anyone on a certification path. Whilst they dont have much emphasis on web related stuff, it would still prove to be a good resource for you. I completed three seperate certifications with the assistance of the folks on this site..and without paying €€€ on courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Eurorunner - that site is looking for a login, but there doesn't seem to be any contact details etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

yeah its asking me too :(
    Have they got an information site eurorunner?

The IACT Courses are okish i guess - €1500 for level 1 in webmastering and €2500 in level 2, The other courses are around €600 euro to do online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Eurorunner - that site is looking for a login, but there doesn't seem to be any contact details etc

Apologies, i forgot about this. In order to get a login & password, you must be recommmended by a current member. If anyone is interested, then pm me with your email address. There is a $10 annual membership but you would get an opportunity to check out the site before having to pay up (as fars i know)

However, i must stress that web based stuff is not the primary focus on this site - nevertheless, I believe it would still be useful regardless of what IT certification path someone is taking.

The main sections in the site are listed as follows:

95/98/ME
    Checkpoint
    Cisco
    Comptia
    Dot Net
    Exchange
    Graphix
    IIS
    MSCD + Programming
    Microsoft Certification
    Microsoft Official Curriculum
    MS Proxy Server / ISA
    Novell
    NT4/2000/2003
    Oracle
    PDA
    Security
    SQL
    TCP/IP & Networking
    Unix/Linux/BSD
    Windows XP

The site is very much driven by its members so if there is enough desire amongst the membership to start a section on web development & webdev related stuff, this would be made possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I'd be interested in finding out more. Some of those courses might be worth recommending to our clients :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement