Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

honda bros?

Options
  • 16-07-2003 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Currently on a vespa px 200, its great fun but i'm thinking about upgrading to something with a little more va va voom.

my girlfriends old lad knows his bikes an he told me the honda bros 400 was a winner.

anyone know anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

its the choice of couriers around dublin and is a great solid reliable bike and a nice step into real bikes
    its a 400cc v twin, which puts out about 33bhp
    it has tonnes of low down pull and flies to about 50/60 mph, tops out at about 105
    its very narrow and is great for flyin thru traffic
    ive heard a few dodgy stories about findin spares, but there are so many around id think it cant be that hard if u look hard enough

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Top bike nice, small and light easy to handle for a first bike and damn reliable considering the amount of couriers driven them and the condition some can be in and still drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

not a rocket but very reliable and they go for ever. Plenty of torque which make driving in the traffic easy.
    Hard to get one with small mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

questions questions question

whats the latest year they go to?
    how much should i be paying for one in good nick?

what are they like for insurance?

cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Wow, didn't know they were V-Twins...
    As Batman_oh mentioned: 6,573 couriers can't be wrong..

If you're buying one, try and get one that has just come off the boat, to avoid the possibility that it has been couriered (high mileage/high stress). So try the shops that are known for importing japs (e.g. Bray Honda Centre etc..)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The Grey motorcycle mecca has a limited amount of information available..

Insurance: ring your insurance company for a quote.. Depends on your age/license/address/bike value/NCB.

Here's a review.

Do you Google?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

Good bike to start on ,for petrol & general commuting

But ... the bike thieves love them cause they are soooo commomn
    nice n light to lift onto vans

Advertisement