Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixies?

Options
  • 16-07-2003 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

I'm sure this has been posted before, but just in case it hasn't (from pitchforkmedia.com)

Frank Black Says Pixies Considering Reunion
    We're gonna ditch the tagline here and just tell you to go read the lyrics to Caribou again, as more beautiful words have never been written
    Ed Howard reports:
    On the heels of the reissuing of virtually their entire back catalog, The Pixies, that most upstanding of classic late 80s/early 90s alternative rock bands (who I'm sure need no introduction here) may be just a few baby steps away from a full-fledged reunion. Pixies frontman Frank Black (formerly known as Black Francis, for those who may have needed to ask) recently said in an interview with London radio station XFM that the group has been getting together every once in a while to play informally.

Black isn't 100% sold on the idea; he told the station, "I do dream about the Pixies reunion... It's like those schoolboy dreams when you don't do your homework and you don't study for the test, but I'm at the gig and we're hanging out, but it's an utter failure and I don't know the songs, and hardly anyone turns up for the gig and people walk out. That's what I'm afraid of, that it'd be a big, big failure."

Despite Black's hesitation, he does admit that the Pixies "do get together and have private jams together, but not for public consumption." It's a huge step, considering the well-publicized bad blood between Black and second singer/bassist Kim Deal. It was this tension that originally split up the band in 1993, leaving Deal to form The Breeders with sister Kelley. Black's confirmation that the original line-up of himself, Deal, guitarist Joey Santiago, and drummer David Lovering still play together is a big step toward the band overcoming their past difficulties and reforming for a tour-- or possibly a new album.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

all we can do is hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

yeah that would be bloody brilliant as I was only a kid when they were togeter It would bve great to get a chance to see them live.
    I saw both debaser and here comes your man video's on tv3 last night very cheap but good anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

that wud be so cool if it happened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Frank has a new album coming out in September with a tour to follow. He'd hardly let a pixies reunion occur until that has all been taken care of at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

dat would be deadly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ilovehoovering

that'd be deadly.didn't have a clue what the situation was between Kim+Charles these days but if they all get together occassionly that's cool.can't wait for October3rd now! can anyone tell me what kinda set Mr.Black played last week in the Music Centre? just lemme know what Pixies songs i guess-and any Dog In The Sand Songs if you can...cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

pixies reunion...

I'd rather let them die to be honest.

Just listen to the records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

it would probably better all round to let it die, but OHMYGOD its the pixies and a reunion would be so so so so so so so so amazing. there'd be a tour&stuff&oh **** im drooling on the keyboard..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭TeenStar

especially if they played somewhere like ambassador or olympia .......dreaming

also what about Kim Deal? isn't she busy with the Breeders? I know they were touring recently, have they split?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭maniac2003

a Reunion eh?? Christmas and birthday rolled into one!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Just to see them play live would be friggin amazing. Ye listen to those records and yer thinking...man I wish I saw them play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

a one of gig, in dublin so everyone who never got to can see them live.... :D .... and THEN let them fade away and follow solo 'careers'.

Advertisement