Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rap battles

• 16-07-2003 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

i was just wondering are there any events in dublin with freestyle rap battles i overheard a group of students talking about it before but cant remember the name of the place they were refering to. i was really impressed by the rap battles in 8mile and was wondering if there are any places which stage similar events.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

OMG, youre in Ireland chief, have you heard the local "talent"? knobstretches 99% of them. there was a load of dudes in Temple bar yesterday "freestyling" i watched em for a while here is an example

"yo yo yo, check out my flow, im good to go, dont you know!"

honest to god:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

i was really impressed by the rap battles in 8mile

That = FICTION. Somebody wrote their words, the actors learnt them off and regurgitated them on que from the "Director". :)

ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 meesha_beesha

Originally posted by Epitaph
    That = FICTION. Somebody wrote their words, the actors learnt them off and regurgitated them on que from the "Director". :)

ROFL

What are you talkin' about? Fiction? Psh. People walk up and down 8 Mile all the time rapping, hookers and all. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

There was some sort of MC battle at what I think was a touring youth disco in Temple Bar around the end of May.A friend of mine knew one of the guys battling and went to it.I havent been talking to him since though as he is abroad.I had the chance to go but for some reason didnt bother my hole.Which is odd as I probably would have enjoyed it.
    Hell,I would have joined in the thing :D
    "Hey yo,the call him Bombidol
    He cant even hear the call
    Of the battlin MCs
    creatin frenzies
    To crowds of young skangers buzzin from all deh -eees
    Epitaph,you dont know half
    Your wack fagg0t rap style just makes me laugh......"

Westside!

But yeah I have read the lyrics of some irish rappers(its too hard to find songs-any i found were on crap streaming realplayer) and they are in some cases pretty dreadful.
    But if you care there is an unlikely duo that got an interview in the latest issue of the Slate.Some guy from Ballymun called Tommo,a former Joy inmate and heroin adict, accompanied by,believe it or not,some posh guy from the southside.The slate says they are pretty good.No mention of what gigs theyre playing but they were street busking for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Originally posted by bombidol
    OMG, youre in Ireland chief, have you heard the local "talent"? knobstretches 99% of them. there was a load of dudes in Temple bar yesterday "freestyling" i watched em for a while here is an example

"yo yo yo, check out my flow, im good to go, dont you know!"

honest to god:rolleyes:

feic sake if i wanted cynicism from middle class rockers i would of hung around the central bank and enquired about it there.

btw i dont call me an anti rocker i like the music myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

http://www.irishhiphop.com/

Ask on the messageboard.
    Somebody there will know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

lol, im a huge rap and hip hop fan, have been for a long feckin time. after punk music its all i listen to. im just telling you from what ive seen and heard. It was WOEFUL , seriously. if there was anyone with skills then i must have missed them cause everyone i seen was crap and i went back a few times hoping to see someone good.
    Theres a few punters who have been around a while like Scary Eire and Brez and a few other but i wont pass comment on them, you'll have to check them out yourself.

Advertisement