Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New A3 €7500 dearer than old model???

Options
  • 16-07-2003 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

I make my last car finance repayment next month on an Audi A3 that I bought new in 1998. If I remember correctly I paid approx IR£18500 which is €23495. I've been doing a little research on the new A3 and on the audi.ie site if I spec the new model as close as I can to the spec on my current model I get a figure of €30800. Now there are a couple of extra safety features, supposedly as standard that weren't on the old model and a few small bits and pieces like aluminum sill strips etc that are part of the new option packs but.....................A price differance of €7500??? Is this inflation, the result of car pretax price harmonisation etc???

I thought that with the trade-in of my current model €11500-€12500 I could get a brand new model and halve the amount I paid in repayments for my old car. Turns out even with the trade-in I'd be paying nearly exactly the same as I currently pay.

Looks like I'll be running my current A3 into the ground:mad: :mad:

Advertisement