Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

easy loans

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Well actually I never had a single debt until I was 26. The only minute piece of credit i had was as a student I spent a summer studying as a graduate student in Germany and at the time in order to get a Eurocheque card (back in the good old days before global banking agreements) I had to have an overdraft. So I had to get my father to sign a guarantee to get a £100 overdraft (which I didn't need!)

What knocked me was an extremely abusive relationship. I paid everything on time by direct debit but was thrust into serious trouble when my ex refused to pay rent etc, leaving me to pay the lot. Unfortunately having a roof over my head came before everything else so over a period of six months I was plunged into €3500 of arrears - far more than I could have afford to catch up with. So its taken me 18 months to play catch up, and in the process I lost my car, one of my credit cards, my current account and a lot of face. But sure I got sense in the end.

I would warn anybody whose ina relationship with anybody who won't pay their way to get out - now! Doesn't matter how he/she tells you he/she loves you. Nobody who really cared would create problems for you. There's a lot of predators out there looking for somebody to "keep" them, and I know a lot of people, male and female, who've been caught in the net. (One of my best friends was stung for €25,000 after one relationship - far worse than me).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Originally posted by shoegirl
    Well actually I never had a single debt until I was 26. The only minute piece of credit i had was as a student I spent a summer studying as a graduate student in Germany and at the time in order to get a Eurocheque card (back in the good old days before global banking agreements) I had to have an overdraft. So I had to get my father to sign a guarantee to get a £100 overdraft (which I didn't need!)

Nor did I until I originally left fulltime study (I'm a mature student now-long story!) and needed an overdraft to pay rent etc while I waited a month for my salary to be paid. Didn't even have a credit card until I was 28.

Advertisement