Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Upgrade bios on NF7-S??

• 16-07-2003 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭

More bloody trouble!!
    Well I having yet more trouble with this damn machine,
    Problem as u guessed is that I can't upgrade the bios which is very strange as I have followed all the guidelines ,and am using ABIT's latest updates.

Heres the motherboards info:
    MODEL: NF7-S/NF7 (nVidia-nForce2)
    VERSION: 2.X
    BIOS ID: 03/27/2003-nVidia-nForce-6A61BA1BC-11

Its the -S version I have,so when I run the batch file supplied by ABIT I get the following message

File Name To Program:nf7_20.bin

->The program files part number<-
    ->does not match with your system!<-

Any ideas??:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

what do you need to update the bios for ? the mobo is only 3-4 months out . and uve the second revision of the board ! whats gone wrong with it ? if its the sound thing with direct sound ur screwed for a bit longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Download it from HERE

Its probably the bios for the older rev board your trying to update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

The reason I'm trying to upgrade the bios is I want to troubleshoot the entire machine .
    I been having a reoccuring problem with the machine since I installed the new board
    See this thread i posted a while back:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102890

The problem is still popping up ,i stress tested the RAM for 24 hours with no glitches(Prime95),Ive ran burn in tests on the cpu constantly and all was fine ,Ive ran tests on the hard-drive ,turned up nothing unusual.
    All that leaves is to upgrade the bios which i'm unable to do ,Thats a bit suspicious.
    This is the address of where I got the update:
    http://www.abit.com.tw/abitweb/webjsp/english/download_content.jsp?pTITLE=NF7-S&#Bios

Now ive followed all the instructions thouroughly but still no luck(This is not the first time i've upgraded a bios-fairly easy to do!)
    Is there a fault with the flash chip I wonder??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

Well just gotta learn to keep my big mouth shut!!
    I just checked out that website Xithus recommended and the update from there worked fine,The bloody ABIT website is very misleading,I assumed the latest download would be for the rev 2.0 board but it was'nt. Big DOPE!
    Cheers for the advice!:)

Advertisement