Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bodykits and the like

Options
  • 16-07-2003 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭

I've a guy looking for bodykits etc for a civc? North or south?
    Any links?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

here one or two places
    http://www.****/cartech/Webpages/pages/links.htm

http://www.ears.ie/index.htm

the second link is alright for the parts:) :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

http://www.pro-parts.net - dublin based.
    http://www.jkautospares.co.uk - northern ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

What year & model is the Civic (3 or 5 doors)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

Originally posted by louie
    What year & model is the Civic (3 or 5 doors)?

-Not sure mate, it's a customer of mine, I'm just pointing him in the right direction!
    Thanks for the help guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

Originally posted by Mac daddy

http://www.ears.ie/index.htm

the second link is alright for the parts:) :ninja:

anything I've ordered from ears seem to take an age to be delivered, and arrives looking like it's second hand. Are they second hand?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

you could try posting this query on Maxed ... it's full of Max heads, so I'm sure they'll probably know of the best suppliers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

www.wingswest.com
    www.erebunicorp.com

why order from a middle man, when you can order direct, quicker and cheaper.

Originally posted by ondafly
    www.wingswest.com
    www.erebunicorp.com

why order from a middle man, when you can order direct, quicker and cheaper.

Have you ordered from the second one? I noticed a special on a golf kit, curious about shipping charges. They said they ship to airports, but at what cost? Cheers.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

the kit on my car was ordered from Wingswest and took 10 days to arrive from the USA, as opposed to ordering from other places, which seem to then go through msionline, who then in turn only place an order when they can fill a container, 6 months down the line your kit arrives.

WingsWest and Erebuni both make the same kits, try wingswest for the golf kit - as i saw a new one on their site recently

Shipping etc will be the same price from whoever you order

Thanks for that, but could you give me an idea on the cost for shipping? For 270eurons erebunicorp have a kit for my mark 3!

• Advertisement

Shipping will be close enough to the same amount again I'd imagine, and you'll more than likely get stung for duty too because the package will be large...

Your best bet is to phone up to find out - exchange rates are favourable at the moment too

Originally posted by kdevitt
    Shipping will be close enough to the same amount again I'd imagine, and you'll more than likely get stung for duty too because the package will be large...

Your best bet is to phone up to find out - exchange rates are favourable at the moment too

That's a shame....... kinda defeats the purpose.

Shipping could be way less than that, so don't take my word as gospel! Whatever happens, you'd get the bodykit cheaper than its available over here.

Originally posted by kdevitt
    Shipping could be way less than that, so don't take my word as gospel! Whatever happens, you'd get the bodykit cheaper than its available over here.

I'll give them a buzz sure. 270 is an amazing priceTBH.

http://www.erebunicorp.com/clearance/vwgolf.htm

Can't see any kit for $270 there...

Is it the wide arch kit for $2700 you're interested in???

Sorry mate, 300$, converts to almost 270eoro! above the wide arch one.....

Ah ok , excellent - was getting worried about you soddomizing your golf with a wide arch kit!! :D

Its a very good price alright - although have you tried Otto in Ranelagh for similar kits??? Their prices are very competitive usually...

I havent, do they have a website? I'm in Galway you see.....
    By the way, the origional bumpers on my golf are the crappy plain ones....I'm on the look out for some colour coded ones. I plan on giving Traynors a buzz, but if you know of any......

Otto are in Ranelagh in Dublin, but they have a place in the West as far as I remember, their web site isn't live any more. You can phone them on 496 7203

I'd try and get the GTi kit for your car if you can - really looks well. Other places to try and German & Swedish - www.gsfcarparts.co.uk and Euro Car Parts - www.eurocarparts.com

Thanks for all the help mate. Just check that www.gsfcarparts.co.uk link again, can't get it to work.

I'm trying to avoid spending much cash. I not after a specific kit, just one that looks well enough.

• Advertisement

Sorry, its www.gsfcarparts.com

The GTi kit would really make the car look smart - I'd phone Otto first - they're extremely helpful, then compare prices with the other two places!

I'll have a look at the GTI kit, I'll make a few calls on monday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Patch69 ,
    Otto have a place in Galway , it's in the Liosban Industrial Estate .

Really? Is it called Otto's? I know of one place in liosban, But I've heard a few horror stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Yes it's called Otto , whats the place you've heard off ?

It wasn't called otto. It's down near the car stereo place if you know where that is....

Would you believe a mate of mine saw a few sheets of parts I printed off, and out of the blue mentioned Otto!

I'll check it out as soon as I get a bit of time off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by herbie747
    These sites are good for bodykits and the like:

www.im-a-sad-boyracer.net
    www.i-wish-i-was-a-rally-driver.org
    www.i-wear-a-cap-when-i-drive.com

LOL!! Now THAT'S funny..... did it take you long to come up with that one? Pure genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by patch69
    LOL!! Now THAT'S funny..... did it take you long to come up with that one? Pure genius.

No, it only took a few seconds. If you think that's genius, you should see some of my other work...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

I've seen some of herbies other work, he truly is a work of art, I've only been
    knocking around the boards for a few weeks, but already I had him kinda marked out
    as a troll, whenever he is involved in an argument I tend to not read the tread, it will
    be drivile.

Anyway, cheers for the great contribution again herbie, up to your usual standard!:o

Advertisement