Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wrong licence issued

Options
  • 16-07-2003 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hey done my motorbike test there a while ago and passed and sent off for the licence but when it came back they had but it down as a car instead of the bike. Now the thing is I actually need the car as well and have applied for the test. But what should I do. Does this mean I get to keep the car licence would it be legal or should I just ring up and tell them. I also need the bike licence which I don’t have cause they screwed up
    Any advice much appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Go up to the counter in the Tax office and explain the situation to them. They'll switch the licences around free of charge.

Legally, it's dodgy. They have you on file as having completed and passed a motorcycle test, and never having done a car test. Now, things rarely get properly chacked and cross-referenced in this country, but things like this have a habit of coming back and biting you in the ass. You may be involved in some traffic incident in a few years time, and it'll be revealed that you never passed a car test, and your insurance company will invalidate your insurance, and you'll be in a whole world of pain, etc etc.

Go get your bike licence back and do the car test, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

have to agree, it is all easy sailing untill somthing happens.

If they do a check after a crash they will kill you and you may not see a license for a long time.

The test is not that bad, at the end of the day you may pass or you may fail but you can still drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Don't mention the car...

Bring the license back to them, and tell them that they issued your license but didn't tick the bike section. They might just add the missing bike information to a new license, in which case, youl'll have saved yourself a test...

Of course proper training is always recommended, when driving anything than can risk lives...

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

Could be dodgy ......alright

only reason u should keep it is if u are going abroad N need a rental ..

imsure its legal though , its a full licence .but could just be a typo
    "you more than likely are on the system as not having one ."
    after that amnesty ,one more person on the road who has never done a test aint gonna make any difference
    but once issued it cannot be changed ......so id argue b4 giving it back ,,,
    thats how i have a full bike licence :)

Advertisement