Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea agree Duff Fee

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

£17 million according to Sky Sports. I wish United had pulled their finger out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

he's not gone yet lads, what about if we just start these threads when there' s offical news ? instead of hear say

Originally posted by Emboss
    he's not gone yet lads, what about if we just start these threads when there' s offical news ? instead of hear say

Sky sports & BBC.

I wouldn't call that hear say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

These threads are started because its the breaking news on the street.

Also the headline is "Chelsea Agree Fee for Duff" - it never mentioned he was gone. I'm just passing on the news...

If yer not interested in the headline, dont read the rest of the post!

Originally posted by daveg
    Sky sports & BBC.

I wouldn't call that hear say.

all that's happened is a trigger in the contract nothing new has happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

The fact that Chelsea can now talk to Duff and work out personal terms is something new ... I hope he does not go to Chelsea especially seen as Liverpools first game of the season is against Chelsea. Hopefully Duff will not agree terms and stay at blackburn ... but money talks and he'll be offered a lotta money.

So are you telling me you knew that Blackburn and Chelsea had agreed a fee??????????

Jaysus - why didnt you post it earlier then, or even better ring the papers and get the scoop.............

Trigger in the contract my arse...

Sky sports - FOURTH TIME LUCKY AS BLUES AGREE DUFF FEE

BBC News - Blackburn accept Chelsea's renewed £17m bid for winger Damien Duff.

what more do you need.... Chelsea have bought him.

He won't be sold unless he agrees to personal terms with Chelsea all thats been agreed is that Rovers are accepting the offer of €24.3 million (or UK£17 million). Its up to Duff and his Agent now ....:rolleyes:

Trigger in the contract my arse...

Sky sports - FOURTH TIME LUCKY AS BLUES AGREE DUFF FEE

BBC News - Blackburn accept Chelsea's renewed £17m bid for winger Damien Duff.

what more do you need.... Chelsea have bought him.

i'll bet ye 17m he doesn't go to chelsea

• Advertisement

Originally posted by tomED
    So are you telling me you knew that Blackburn and Chelsea had agreed a fee??????????

Jaysus - why didnt you post it earlier then, or even better ring the papers and get the scoop.............

if they refused 15 and 17 was going to trigger the cluase then yes it was pretty obvious they'd make an offer of 17 they're not agreeing with the fee they have no chocie but to let him talk to chelsea there's a big difference

so this is just another long thread of absloute nonsece my point is we should post when deals have been signed and discuss them instead of crap talking about every rumour that happens in the press which would make the thread alot more intresting.

if they refused 15 and 17 was going to trigger the cluase then yes it was pretty obvious they'd make an offer of 17 they're not agreeing with the fee they have no chocie but to let him talk to chelsea there's a big difference

so this is just another long thread of absloute nonsece my point is we should post when deals have been signed and discuss them instead of crap talking about every rumour that happens in the press which would make the thread alot more intresting.

Sorry but thats crap Emboss... yer taking through your hole.

The clause only allows Duff to TALK to interested parties. Blackburn are not obliged to sell Duff just because a 17m offer comes in.

If an offer of 17m comes in the board have to decide whether they will accept it or not.

The news today is that THEY HAVE ACCEPTED the offer.

So again .......................

THIS IS NEWS!!!!!!! THEY HAVE ONLY NOW AGREED TO ACCEPT THE OFFER!

It has only becoming meanlingless because of your stoopid posts.

Sorry but thats crap Emboss... yer taking through your hole.

The clause only allows Duff to TALK to interested parties. Blackburn are not obliged to sell Duff just because a 17m offer comes in.

If an offer of 17m comes in the board have to decide whether they will accept it or not.

The news today is that THEY HAVE ACCEPTED the offer.

So again .......................

THIS IS NEWS!!!!!!! THEY HAVE ONLY NOW AGREED TO ACCEPT THE OFFER!

It has only becoming meanlingless because of your stoopid posts.

eh that's what i said ? it OPENS THE CLAUSE which allows duff basically to whatever the **** he chooses, so blackburn don't have a choice after the offer of 17m WHAT'S THE POINT OF THE CLAUSE OF THE BOARD STILL HAVE A SAY ? **** sake cop on spa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

[Best German Accent]

Get a room funboys

[/Best German Accent]

BTW once the buy out amount has been offered, the club have to agree to it. That's what the buy out clause is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Just cause the release clause has been triggered doesn't mean Duff will move.

It's rumoured he'd like to stay up North .
    He does want to play Champions League football , any player with any ambition would want to but I don't know about Chelsea and London life.

I do think the game is on now with regards his transfer but it sure as hell isn't game over just yet !!

United will ( I hope) step in and attempt to sign him .

Maybe some other club will too , although I don't think an awful lot of clubs have that sort of money to throw around .

If Veron is leaving Fergie will def make a move for Duff !!

It's not a closed story just yet !! Watch this space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

they're not agreeing with the fee

Yes they have. They have effectively sold him. ~Build a bridge and get over it~

i'll bet ye 17m he doesn't go to chelsea

Lets see yer money first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

As other people have said.

The 17million means that anyone who offers that can talk to Duff and sign him if they agree terms. Doesn't matter if Blackburn want to sell him for that fee or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Originally posted by tinofapples

If Veron is leaving Fergie will def make a move for Duff !!

It's not a closed story just yet !! Watch this space

We're (Chelsea) are rich, no chance. We'll offer him more money then he can eat!

Originally posted by Hobart
    Yes they have. They have effectively sold him. ~Build a bridge and get over it~

point is if you can get your brain around it, THEY HAVE NO CHOICE
    it's not about agreeing or not NO CHOICE

blackburn chairman "we don't want him to go"

• Advertisement

take some tips from bannor tomed this is how the thread should have went

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105478

so when would you have started the thread Emboss? You don't think Sky Sports front page and BBC news Front page is official news. Perhaps we should start the thread when he plays his first game for Chelsea?

BTW if your still interested I'll take you up on that bet.

so when would you have started the thread Emboss? You don't think Sky Sports front page and BBC news Front page is official news. Perhaps we should start the thread when he plays his first game for Chelsea?

BTW if your still interested I'll take you up on that bet.

i was talking about the deal signed sealed offical that's when it needs to be discussed not when someone offered this and someone offered that

eh that's what i said ? it OPENS THE CLAUSE which allows duff basically to whatever the **** he chooses, so blackburn don't have a choice after the offer of 17m WHAT'S THE POINT OF THE CLAUSE OF THE BOARD STILL HAVE A SAY ? **** sake cop on spa

Eh no need for name calling Emboss..... shows yer immaturity. Maybe you should learn to read before remoting to such low levels of name calling.

I think everyone else on this post has got the jist of whats going on - you still fail to see it.

Blackburn DO have a choice whether to let him go or not even if the 17m million asking price is met.

The clause seems to be a protection for Blackburn and not for Duff.

So why not go open a can of cop on yerself.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I'll take that bet with you dave if you show me your money first..

There are so many things that can go wrong with this deal, Duffer may not wish to go to London, he may be waiting for another club, there may be an offer from Man U or any number of other clubs.

i was talking about the deal signed sealed offical that's when it needs to be discussed not when someone offered this and someone offered that

emboss have a look around the soccer board. I think you'll find 99% of the threads are started when

A/ There is speculation about a transfer &
    B/ When a transfer is reported in the media.

Therefore it is perfectly acceptable for tomED to start the thread when the media report the transfer. However feel free to start another thread when he plays his first game for Chelsea. Jesus it'd be awful quiet around here if we didn't post until a player signs the contract and plays his first game.
    I'll take that bet with you dave if you show me your money first..

Ahh but have you got the cash as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

As emboss has tried to say, chelsea have offered a fee which meets the criteria in duffs contract which legally obliges Blackburn to relaese the player at that fee if Duff and only Duff agrees to sign for Chelsea. Duff does not have to sign for Chelsea if he does not want to.. The whole transfer is now in Duffs hands, not Blaclburns and not Chelsea's. If he doesnt want to go, the deal does not go through. Its as simple as that.

But i've no problem with the title of the thread etc, as the title states exactly what has happened, Chelsea have afreed a fee, but thats it.

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/home/view/home_page/0,,10303,00.html

Blackburn have agreed to the price according to the rovers website ( they probably had no choice , what with the clause and all) However it has been stated numerous times b4 in this thread that DUFF has the final say. NOBODY was saying (afaik) the deal was done.

and Emboss if you want to participate in threads which are about "Done Deals" and Factual Signings then do so. You don't have to reply to "Hear Say" and Rumour threads if you don't want to.

Lets hope what ever Duff does that he still ends up helping Ireland to Portugal next summer ;)

Eh no need for name calling Emboss..... shows yer immaturity. Maybe you should learn to read before remoting to such low levels of name calling.

I think everyone else on this post has got the jist of whats going on - you still fail to see it.

Blackburn DO have a choice whether to let him go or not even if the 17m million asking price is met.

The clause seems to be a protection for Blackburn and not for Duff.

So why not go open a can of cop on yerself.....

eh it was you that told me to stop talking though my arse so if the next time you think about lecturing someone on maturity do us a favour, don't bother and if you actually bother reading the other posts people are saying the exact same thing

specsavers mate tbh

• Advertisement

emboss have a look around the soccer board. I think you'll find 99% of the threads are started when

A/ There is speculation about a transfer &
    B/ When a transfer is reported in the media.

Therefore it is perfectly acceptable for tomED to start the thread when the media report the transfer. However feel free to start another thread when he plays his first game for Chelsea. Jesus it'd be awful quiet around here if we didn't post until a player signs the contract and plays his first game.

Ahh but have you got the cash as well?

no one said it wasn't acceptable, and i know i don't have to read bull**** threads on hear say,

i just thought it would be a good idea to post when there's actually something to talk about not on every offer a club makes every 5 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

I hope he does move to a club playing Champions League football, it will make him a better player. And it does seem as if he is interested in the move, he pulled out of a pre-season tour of the US to start talks. But you never know Fergie could be interested(Here's hoping)

if fergie doesn't get him he has no one to blame but himself, he's constantly saying how much he likes duff get the finger out fergie and write the cheque

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

Do ye agree?

Andy Gray on football365.com:

'Is Duff Worth £17m? I Say No'

If you were to ask me if Damien Duff was a £17m player then I would have to say ‘no’. He’s no David Beckham, no Ryan Giggs and probably no Harry Kewell either – even though he’s gone for a net fee of £3m this summer.

He doesn’t score enough goals, he hasn’t found a consistent level and he’s not got enough experience of top-quality football. I watched him throughout the World Cup with Ireland and he did okay, but he didn’t look like a £17m player.

What Chelsea want to pay for though is potential – just as they have with Glen Johnson. They are paying great money in the hope that they become great players and that’s a gamble - but one that will be interesting to watch.

What I like to see though is that young English-based players seem to be the vogue again at Stamford Bridge. Where Chelsea lost their way was in fielding teams more or less made up of foreigners and you’ll never win the Premiership with 11 foreigners. I would stick my neck out and say that now.

The Premiership is an English competition and to win it you need players with the right qualities – it’s not Spain or Italy and the games aren’t interchangeable. You need a base of British players and some foreign talent to add a little bit of spice.

You only need to look at Manchester United for evidence of that – the backbone of the team is British. I think even Arsene Wenger has worked that lesson out now, while Bobby Robson at Newcastle has set the standard in concentrated on young, talented British players who can grow with the team.

Chelsea’s new-found spending power will certainly make things interesting next season, though nobody should automatically think that having a £100m budget will win you the title. Ask Kevin Keegan and David O’Leary about that – they both spent big and ended up with nothing.

Not only do you need to spend it right, but you also need the nous to get the best out of the players, the team spirit, hard work and application that any good team has. Eleven great players do not necessarily make a great team.

We certainly didn’t think that we would have seen many £17m transfers this season – only maybe Ronaldinho at Manchester United. This summer has been changed single-handedly by one man, who has brought a great deal of money into a club that would probably have had a zero transfer budget this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

I figured this would start pretty quickly. If you check out the Reader Opinions email-bag thing on football365 you'll see a couple whinging a bit about Duff.

I guess I just don't agree. For one thing, why would there be such interest in the player from clubs if he wasn't a good player?

Secondly, I checked on last season's stats. Duff got 9 goals in the Premiership. Giggs got 8.

Duff also dragged the team along a bit towards the end, when he had that run of form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I get the feeling it's not about money with Dyff , it's about being successful and where do you look over the last ten years if you want to join a successful club , Manchester United of course !!

I'll admit it must be exciting times being a Chelski supporter but look what happened to Blackburn and Jack Walker loved that club all his life !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

'He's no David Beckham' is right - Duff has pace and can beat the odd player, two things Beckham is totally lacking in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

wasnt there meant to be talks held this morning?
    and if so, anybody got any clue on how they went?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

Aparently we (Chelsea) are not interested in veron any more because he wanted 90 grand a week and ferguson was going to use that money to buy duff but now considering he is going to loose ronaldinho to barcelona he might step in and sign the talented irish winger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

What the **** does Andy Gray know,he's Rupert Murdocks Ass licker.

Duff isnt better than Giggs?WFT

Giggs is 29,Duff is 24
    Goals last Season Giggs 8, Duff 9
    World Cups Played In Giggs 0, Duff 1
    Years Left at the Top Giggs (as a winger)3 Duff 8

Last season Giggs was been touted for a €20 million move to inter milan,and Duff isnt worth €17?

BTW im also a big fan of Giggs i just dont think Andy Gray knows what he's talking about,never mind 28 year old Beckham who Duff is much better than.

Advertisement