Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin food rip off

• 16-07-2003 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

steak sanwidch in some place in temple bar..9.95yo yos,not properly cooked,between 2 slices of toast and a scoop of pototo..****in ripoff..no wonder this country is getting a bad reputation as regards value for money

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

collegue of mine bought two slices of bread from a sandwich bar (she wanted to toast them when she got to work) 71cents.

Over the past week or so, I've been hearing complaints and remarks like this on the radio on a nearly daily basis. What strikes me, is that the common denominator in all these stories is : "I payed"

Look at the menu first, and if you don't like the price, don't simply walk away, Tell the waitress, manager, checkout person, whoever that you are not eating or buying anything there, and tell them why.

There is no point in complaining to somebody who can do bugger all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pissedasanewt

I don't get some of these pubs who serve pub grup and expect you to pay restaurant prices.. especially the places in Temple bar and around Dame street... Mercantile, Trinity Arch, and they new converted bank to pub along Dame street...

Nice pub grub, but pricey for what you get.

Advertisement