Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Buckley

Options
  • 16-07-2003 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭

Did anybody see that documentry about Jeff Buckley on bbc2 last night at around 11:30ish ????

It was amazing, they showed really rare footage of Jeffs early gigs before he was signed and then the later gigs before he died (obviously !!) , there was some stunning moments during the live shows especially his reaction when someone shoute out 'Tim Buckley' during a gig. It went into great detail about Tim and Jeff and their relationship aswell.

Some really cool interviews with his relatives, band mates and of course the 'celeb fans'....

A brilliant insight into a brilliant man...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Typical music thing though, lucky it was on before 3 am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 conor-immediate

I saw it Bandit, and it was one of the best music documentaries I've seen in a long time. Some amazing footage of VERY early performances. Pretty moving too, without being sentimental. It just highlighted how incredibly talented and hard-working he was, and, to it's credit, it didn't try to brush under the table how his father's success helped to pave the way for his own.
    That footage of him reacting to someone saying "Tim Buckley" is from a concert which you can get on video. I got it in HMV about a year ago, but I don't think it's there anymore. It might be, though. It's definitely worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I thought it was pretty good alright I think it was origonaly shown months ago on bbc4 but I dont have it so I was glad to catch it by mistake. A bit too much talking and not enough video footage I thought and if you want the full details you have to get the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

The book is amazing. Really, really detailed & descriptive & other adjectives beginning with D.

they are adjectives, right? should've paid attention in 2nd class English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Yeh it was like an illustrated version of the book ( which is brilliant) the best part was seeing Jeff talking in that interview, i'd never seen him talking before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

Someone,pleasepleaseplease tell me it will be repeated. I was asked at 12:35am if i'd seen it and i've been kicking myself since.Though maybe its best not to further fuel my unhealthy obsession, i discussed his life and works in french for half of my leaving cert oral and the examiner nearly cried. I've read the book, but couldn't find the live video so i've never actually seen him perform, only heard it

Dunno if it'll be repeated... i hate to say it but I doubt it...
    You should get the Live In Chicago DVD, it's amazing and widely available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

If you have BBC4 or have a mate who does it will probably be repeated soon as they dont have that many programes as far as im aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭TeenStar

Missed about the first 15/20 minutes of it but thought it was FAB...brought a tear to my eye, he was so young and talented (being soppy now)

oh and Brad Pitt looked fine (sorry)

Originally posted by TeenStar
    oh and Brad Pitt looked fine (sorry)
    Brad Pitt was an idiot. Trying to be all "deep" and talking crap... I hate these celebrity fans that they reel out for stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

Originally posted by lamda
    Brad Pitt was an idiot. Trying to be all "deep" and talking crap... I hate these celebrity fans that they reel out for stuff like that.

who the fu.ck are you to talk. You're neither as good looking or fabulousy good at acting as Mr. Pitt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭TeenStar

oh sorry i forgot - celebs aren't allowed to like music my mistake

read the post.

i think you'll find that i said nothing of the sort.

validate your sources and come back to me in a week.

My desk is on the 9th floor.

Brad was just trying to be deep and serious, and i got the impression he was using all these big words that he did'nt know the meaning of.

Remember he is a good actor so i guess it's easy to look deep and meaningful, you know like in Meet Joe Black.

Advertisement