Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a little info on marxs computers please

• 16-07-2003 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Hey im not sure if i should post this here but ill try anyway

Marxs computers are they anygood ?? i want to know because i want to buy a 2700xp computer from them in around 1 month 880 euro isnt bad at all for the system seeming i dont need a monitor i dont want to pay for a new one like dell and co make you it will save me a far bit of money :cool:

SO anyone had dealings with them ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

o ya this is the system

PC Athlon 2700+

AMD Athlon XP 2700+
    512MB DDR-RAM PC2700/333, 300W ATX Midi tower
    Asus A7V8X-X (Via KT400), max 3GB DDR 2100/2700
    6 channel sound + 10/100 network on board
    1x AGP8x/4x, 6x PCI, 6x USB 2, 1x parallel, 1x serial
    Geforce4 MX440 64MB AGP Graphics
    80GB Hard drive, Floppy drive
    52x CD-ROM
    PS/2 Keyboard + optical wheel Mouse
    Intel 56k internal Modem, 600W Subwoofer+Speakers
    Windows xp home

id be replaceing the G-card iwith a Geforce fx 5200 128meg

880 for the system is good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

well im buying a case and fan from them. I emailed them and got a responce so their customer service seems good. On the other hand, the picture of the product i want doesnt quite match the describtion but i emailed them to confirn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭GRAHAM2002

Have u checked out the komplete website.

www.komplett.ie

It is the cheapest I've ever found.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I've done a fair bit of business with them in the last few months, and the only complaint I have would be that they took almost a month to test some PC parts. Other than that, I'm very happy with them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

have bought from them loads of times. Haven't had any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Marx are a good company to deal with, resonably priced, friendly and helpfull.

But id you know anythign about putting PCs together or have a friend who does I'd recommend buying from komplett.ie cause you'd save a few quid and probably end up with a better rig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,149 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

id be replaceing the G-card iwith a Geforce fx 5200 128meg

i hope u realise the difference between a geforce 4mx 440 and the fx 5200 will be minimal and its not worthwhile to swap also the case is likely to be a cheap horrible thing

ya i should of said i was considering getting a radion 9600 128 meg (seems much better)

i wouldnt be 2 worryed about how the case looks to be honest as long as it hold,s together for a year or 2 lol

and no i have no experiance with sticking together a pc from the bottom up ....... i have done most of the upgradeng on this one though...... new hard drive g-card cd rom ram

thanks for your help btw it seem,s marx,s are a good company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

deal with them every week, very friendly and fast delivery :) good luck with ur pc :)

lol they are a nice company i sent them a email saying i wanted the 2700xp(and complaning that i couldnt pick 2 option upgrade.s i want the 2800xp barton MORE than worth the 55 euro upgrade for the extra speed ......... and they told me that if i waited a month or so (which i was going to do anyway) that the 2800xp could well be standered on the system and the price is likely to drop

never had that happen before :D

oh ya thanks Ruu :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by El_MUERkO
    Marx are a good company to deal with, resonably priced, friendly and helpfull.

But id you know anythign about putting PCs together or have a friend who does I'd recommend buying from komplett.ie cause you'd save a few quid and probably end up with a better rig.

El_MUERkO, I think you are spot on. I would tend to build rigs myself, but if I need a part (in a hurry) I find Marx very good like you say and also knowledgeable. Keep track of their weekly special as well, cause it can be good sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

As was mentioned, keep an eye on the specials, I got some great stuff there. And one time I ordered two cables and they rang me up to make sure that i wanted both and that I hadnt made a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

i think they have a value club kinda scheme thing automatically. What i mean is for every few quid ya spend they give ya a discount value to use on future purchases. don't know if they are still doing this.

I use komplett.ie for most things but marx are just as good and usually get my smaller stuff off them, they had lovely boxed lan packages(mini hub so cool) a while ago, and i got a nice volcano 9 heatsink and fan with led grill thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

dont forget www.elara.ie pritty gud them . ive delt with every company on this page but i would buy off elara or komplett.ie quicker then i would from marx . tho i have started to buy dvd+r's from them as they seem very gud value

i wouldnt touch elarn with a barg pole

935 euro for a intell celeron based pc

they remind me of alienware nice pc,s but no grip on reality when it comes to priceing

alienware 3,200 euro for a fecking area 51 pc !!!!

Advertisement