Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rebooting problem.

• 16-07-2003 7:57pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

I'm having a bit of trouble with my pc lately, every now and then it reboots for no reason. first thought it was over heating but no, then tried for virsus but no, checked the logs, nothing, added no new hardware. In fact I have changed nothing before this started happening. No blue screen of death, it's as if i pressed the restart button.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

New, software, Drivers?

Try Clearing the BIOS. It sounds a bit like a GFX card problem to me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

no new driver or anything, just started happening out of the blue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

need more info on your computer what ram cpu power supply give as much details as humanly possible i had a rebooting problem with my new pc p4 3ghz based on a abit ic7-g it turned out to be the power supply.

but need more info on your hardware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Just as a matter of interest i dont suppose its a dell?
    Coz mine did it aswell. Even when i had just booted up and the dektop had finished loading. It doesnt happen as much anymore. Dell even sent me out a new gfx card but the problem just became less frequent.

i built the machine myslef last year, its a xp2100+ 256 megs of ram, geforece 4 mx 440. Scsi cd writer, all other stuff as well, dvd nic modem creative 5.1. can't remember the make of the mobo.

the case and powersupply is chieftec, only about 7 months old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Let me guess- You have XP installed :D

That usually does rebooting when device drivers arn't agreeing with it :p

win 2k pro,

did not add any drivers latley, did not do any fiddeling about before it started.

It has not done it at all today which is good.

Advertisement