Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best CPU Cooling solution?

Options
  • 16-07-2003 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Please advice for above!

System is a p4 with 3.06 cpu
    520 watt PSU
    geforce 4 ti4600
    3 HD's
    2 gig ram

Except water cooling,dont want to go there.

thx!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

Water cooling is the way to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

the best aircooling would be thermalrights slk900 with a 92mm fan

the best cooling solution full stop would be the prometia machII followed by the vapochill PE

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Carnate
    Except water cooling,dont want to go there.

nuff said.

thermalrights slk900 is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,

if noise is not the main factor (the thermalright ist very silent) you can also go for the Aerocool Deep Impact DP-101.

It has a better cooling efficiency than the thermalright, but is a bit noisier.

It is around 20.- Euros cheaper and the design is very nice :D

jow

if noise is not the main factor (the thermalright ist very silent)

my tt slk 900 makes no noise, it came with no fan ;) its only as noisey as the fan put on it,

also i highly doubt a 20 euro cooler has better therma efficency than the e75 tt slk 900

od love to see a link

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Cyrus
    also i highly doubt a 20 euro cooler has better therma efficency than the e75 tt slk 900
    od love to see a link

Hi, I have no link. I have a test in a german hardware magazine (they do a lot of quite interesting tests).
    Result:
    CPU Athlon 3200+:
    SLK900 with 12volts (stock)fan: around 63 degrees celsius with around noise about 1.3 sone.
    with 7 volts fan: 72 degrees with 0.4 sone.
    price (germany around 80.- euros).

aerocool deep impact:
    12 volts: 53 degrees with 6.1 sone
    7 volts: 56 degrees with 0.8 sone.
    price: around 60.- euros...
    Don't nail me for the prices, I haven't checked them for ireland.

The overall result is according the test clear: the deep impact cools better but is a bit noisier.

I think I wrote 20.- Euros cheaper, not "only 20.- euros" ;)

jow

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Found this site which has a comparison of both the Thermalright and the Aerocool it shows the Thermalright on top with the Aero coll below it it also shows different noise levels etc.http://www.hartware.net/showpic.php?type=review&id=297&path=http://www.hartware.net/media/reviews/297/charts.png

well at any rate as i suspected its of no use to this guy as i presume this aerocool thing is for Skt A cpus only?

he has a P4

hi,

@babyeater: very nice chart! that reminds me of an old speach: "never trust a test as long you have done it yourself" ;)

@cyrus: very good point.

:D
    jow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Well you can buy the aero cooler seperately from the fairly ordinary socket A HS it is bundled with. But to be honest why bother when the SLK900 one cools perfectly well and is quieter? If it were me I'd go with the SLK900 with a quiet fan on it like a papst. The Zalman P4 HSF are also very good unless you want to overclock. I'm using a Zalman Flower on my P4 1.8@2.6ghz no problems and thats with fan at running in silent mode. With better cooling I could probably go higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭maxpower

Are their any places/sites that sell the Zalman that do c.o.d. ??
    Oh and which would be the best cooling system for a 3000xp ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by maxpower
    Are their any places/sites that sell the Zalman that do c.o.d. ??
    Oh and which would be the best cooling system for a 3000xp ??

Well you can pick it up in many places in Dublin city center. But best place to buy is from the web. Get someone with a credit card to buy it for you. Alternatively try trailblazers, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103461

As for the 3000xp do you mean "best" as in keeps it the most cool? Then a water cooling solution. If you mean on air, or "and is quiet" then theres a few options. The SLK900 is hard to beat though. Pick a different fan for cooling fan vs quietness etc.

Advertisement