Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How often do you complain...

• 16-07-2003 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

w00t! First Rip-off Poll!

How often do you formally complain? 46 votes

Never
    0% 0 votes
    1 or 2 times a year
    17% 8 votes
    Quite Often
    17% 8 votes
    Whenever something is wrong
    15% 7 votes
    I'm a total Meldrew
    41% 19 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    8% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Jaffus

Damn Right I complain........

DONT TAKE ANY GUFF FROM THOSE SWINE.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I will complain if I am being ripped off in some way or someone is trying to get one over on me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I hate the way that the Government are coming up with new Taxes to add more expence to our life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I complain sometimes, if I'm really being ripped off. The campus shops in college are a real joke, they have this 10% off scam if you use your student card to buy stuff. It's just another way to charge more for stationary and so on, I've questioned prices a few times but it never seems to make any difference. Otherwise I steer clear of over-priced stuff if I can, I usually don't have much spare cash so I've no choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

Our company policy includes that staff berate customers with spirited anti-€ircom rants whenever the word is mentioned.

As for other things- my life seems to be a lifelong rant against everything. I'm trying to hone my skills as a fiery orator so that I can take over the country, reinstate the Punt, One Punt one Pint- publicans raising the price shall be guilty of treason and shot on national TV (not RTE- they shall all be shot, along with TV License inspectors and €ircom personell)
    I also aim to abolish the anti-smoking laws before they even begin. As a further gesture of Nationalism I shall raze the city of Dublin, reinstall a neo-Brehon government in Tara and reinvent Hurling as a violent gladiatorial deathmatch.

<throws hands skywards and screams>

ARE YA WITH MEEEEEEEE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I dont consider it complaining.

I'm standing up for my rights as a consumer!

</i'm the bad guy?>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

http://members.boards.ie/the_beer_baron/FallingDail.gif

"Guinness- One pint of...?"
    <gasps>"T-t-three fordee five!"
    <smash!>
    "noooo!"
    "Marlboro, one pack of twenty..."
    "S-s-s-six euro!"
    "You godda be kiddin' me."
    <smash! crash! bang!>
    "Chips- one bag of..."
    "W-wun sixty!"
    <SQUISH SPLAT!>
    "Burger, one of..."
    "TWO EIGHTHY..."
    "FOR THIS PITIFUL SQUASHED THING!"
    <SQUISH SPLAT!SQUISH SPLAT!>
    "Taxi- 2 kilometers by..."
    "I-i-i-it's on the meter..."
    "On the meter- ON THE METER...!!!!"
    <BANG SMASH SMASH BANG!>

yes I'm sad.
    Yes that paintshop pro effort of mine looks more like a 3year old messing with MSPaint.
    Yes this really isn't intellectual content but hey!- It killed time and in work that's about the only thing I'm encouraged to kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by The Beer Baron
    Our company policy includes that staff berate customers with spirited anti-€ircom rants whenever the word is mentioned.

Really?!? Sounds too good to be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

How much does complaining really do. As I see it (and I am just a lousy foreignor) complaining to the guy behind the bar or the Chinese guy behind the counter is a complete waste of time. They don't have anything to do with the prices or, very rarely, quality of an item (be it a pint, food...whatever).
    If O'Leary is any indication of Irish business leaders then complaining to the highest level wouldn't do much good.
    It seems to me that what is needed is competition (and a government that vigilently upholds legislation and enforcement in aid of competition...instead of taking bribes). Something severly lacking in Ireland in all but a few sectors.
    That's what usually gets a company to heed customers complaints. If you don't get remedy then you will go to a competing supplier of whatever service.
    Until that happens I don't see just complaints as a means of decreasing inflation and profiteering and increasing value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I complain if I feel wronged, or even if I feel someone else is suffering an injustice.

If people do not complain when something is clearly wrong!. Then nothing will be ever put right.

Keep complaining. Not enough people complain, particularly here in Ireland. Little wonder it is now known as the Rip-Off leader Country in Europe. What an accolade,Eh.

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If something is worth while complaining over, wont make a prick of myself for something silly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Fry

I complained once in a shop in tralee during Rose week. I used to go into this shop very regularly as I live across the road...ahemm..near the brandon. I got 2 cans of coke. I hadnt a penny so my gf gave me 1.60 for them, they know the prices!! The counter lady said 2.50 !!! ffs, I said listen here, i live across the road and I am not a tourist!!!, she said sorry 1.60 please!!

The same happens with take-aways across the town, they put up their own plackcards over the original prices...

The last time I complained I went into a pub the same week, the old *** where I go every sat night. I ordered myself a larger shandy, which is usually 3.50. She came over with a pint and bottle of 7up, 5.80 plz....what!!! I said i wanted a shandy like I get everyweek in here, u know the big bottle.. Well, she said I have the bottle open now sir? Keep it I said..

I feel good 4 that 4 some reason..

Advertisement