Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade question, help please!

• 17-07-2003 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hey, im thinking of purchasing a ATi saphire radeon 9600pro 128mb gfx card (link:http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=48722)

but i was wondering firstly is there much difference between it and an regular 9600 128mb?

Also, i have only a PIII 500mhz processor with a 3year old motherboard which supports 4x speed agp, will this new card run ok with my current system spec?

any help much appreciated, cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Hmm i dont know much about the 9600 but.... if you got a system that slow isnt much point in getting that card.
    I know with the 9700 & 9700pro it was only once you reached 1.3ghz that it started to outperform the nvidia geforce 4 ti4600.

If you plan to upgrade you pc soon then by all means get this card, if not? then id suggest the ti4200. Cheaper and similar performace id imagine on a p3 500.

To answer your question, the difference between the pro and non pro is a fair amount. The graphics cards clock speed is higher on pro's as is the memory quality/speed. Im afraid i dont know exact figures, try some hardware sites for these.

Hope this helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Thnx man, much appreciated :)

Advertisement