Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.e.m

• 17-07-2003 2:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭

Just home from the R.E.M gig in Marley Park.

Thought R.E.M. were great, Michael Stipe was on great form. Peter Buck's guitar playing showed once again why REM have been so successful over the past twenty years or so.

R.E.M's two new songs were great also "Final Straw" and "Bad Day" I eagerly await a new album if the standard is to what's to be expected. They played the usual crowd pleasers, "Losing My Religion", "Everybody Hurts" and "The One I Love". I also won a bet with three lads from Cork by guessing what their final song would be, that'll come in handy for the Amz retirement fund.

Thought starsailer were crap but wasn't expecting much from them anyway. The first support band were pretty good, I enjoyed their set.

Anyone heading to the gig later today is in for a great show (Starsailer excluded).

Enjoy!

Amz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Agree with you 100% Amz... REM where faan blooming tastic... Michael Stipe is just a great entertainer knows how to get a crowd going. Is a great presence on stage.

unlike that twat from starsailor. I was actually really looking forward to hearing them ...and i will buy the second album. cause theya re a good studio band but puleeeassee kept hem away from a stage.
    I think the singer was pissed out of his mind last night....you could tell his ego had increased 100 fold in the last year and a bit cause he usent be like that. And for god sake man go away and learn how to pronounce saying Dublin properly.

But apart from that REM were just unreal. Im glad i got offered to buy a ticket for it at lunch time yesterday. ohhhh im still buzzing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

3rd time seeing them.....they just get better and better. Wish I was goin 2nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I'm going to tonights gig, I'm really psyched about it now especially when everyone seems to have really enjoyed last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GarGuile

The boys from Georgia kicked ass!!! Good venue also, had never been there before and was suitably impresssed.
    Next up Slane, can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Yeah the sound in Marlay Park was really excellent, it's a great venue for live outdoor gigs. My first time there also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Saw REM in Landsdowne Road before and didn't think much of it, but i'd like to see them again to give them another chance, pity it wasn't a weekend, not too easy getting to Dublin during the week.
    I saw Starsailor at Witnness last year and thought they were pretty good. They've been off the road for a while so maybe they are just a bit rusty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

REM were great without a doubt. Shame they didnt play Whats the.... or The SideWinder... Shiny Happy People would have been class but they dony like that sound anymore...

Lay off "STAR SAILOR", they were very good. Only knew three of their songs goin in and the set they played convinced to buy the album. The lead singer can pronounce Dublin properly its just his accent that makes it sound iffy. And if you've ever seen him in interviews before you'd know that he is a bit of a dope so that his natural way of acting.

Oranger, enjoyed the happy fun Weezer sound.

Anybody got pics online or an offical attendance record????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I could open the window and hear the echoes of tonight's concert. Instead the window remains shut and I'm listening to Out of Time on my PC. I must be feeling ironic or something.

Agree with Comet. Saw them in Lansdowne a few years ago and was underwhelmed. Maybe I'll give them another shot one day, but not this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

REM were just phenomenal last night, what a fantastic gig. They played a great mix of all their stuff and they know just how to work the crowd!! The End of the World was a great choice to close on, the crowd were going absolutely mental!!
    I enjoyed Starsailor aswell, they did a great job (maybe the lead singer was sober last night), Rubyhorse were good too but their lead singer is a bit of a twat!

Advertisement