Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diamond supraexpress 56 e pro|where?

• 17-07-2003 4:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Im sick of my terrible win modem.
    When I play on jolt 56k CS servers i get a 170-200 ping and its really getting to me.
    So im looking for a nice external serial modem while I wait until SEPTEMBER for DSL.
    Everyone seems to swear by the 56e pro on those servers.
    But I cant find it anywhere I have checked Elara, Marx, Komplett and Peats and even Amazon but they have the modem on the site but no option to buy it ( very strange) now Im stuck.

Anyone know where I can get the bloody thing??

Please help.:D :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I got one years ago from www.todayonly.co.uk , a division of www.scan.co.uk I believe. As long as you don't go completly 'bargain basement' I doubt if it matters what brand of modem you get, as long as it's hardware based.

A quick search brings up a v.92 (not supported in Ireland so will only function as a v.90) for £14.90 : http://uk.europe.creative.com/products/product.asp?prod=287

available at : http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Modems_50.html

check out the 'where to buy' sticky for more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I used a Diamond Supra Express 56e Pro for over a year before I got DSL. It is hands down the best 56k modem I've ever used but a tad on the expensive side. When I bought mine it was £105 IRL in PC World in Blanchardstown :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

Dont suppose you still have it lying around in good condition do u mixie??

Just got the bad news last night it was dicontinued.

Why isnt V92 supported in this god forsaken hell hole?

Thanks for the info anyway lads.:D :D

Advertisement