Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kluivert, Ronaldinho and Real Madrid news

• 17-07-2003 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Kluivert is staying at Barca so Chelsea will have to go look elsewhere. Ronaldinho seems to be giving Man Uth the run around and Real Madrid are screwed financially - a lesson for Chelski perhaps.
    At least someone in the Kluivert household is happy. Kluivert's other 50% has started being normal again after a very strange ten days during which, according to the man himself, she has refused to speak to him.

Now that he has agreed to stay at Can Barca for two more years (officially), five (unofficially), domestic life and bliss has been renewed. His escape clause goes back up to 36 million Euros on July 24th and his wages are 4.9 million Euros net (officially) - the same as before - but with the bonuses and incentives he will be on more than 6 million Euros net a year. Strange deal which will lead to dressing room tensions sooner or later.

Mention was made of Cisse in a board meeting yesterday, although it was agreed that Deco remains the priority if Ronaldinho goes to OT.

Rosell received a call from Ronaldinho's agent late yesterday afternoon telling him that the Brazilian now wants to come to Barca.

"This is a farce!" was Laporta's only comment.

Fabio Rochemback has finally agreed to go to Sporting de Lisboa for three years. His agent had refused to accept more than a season on loan, but Barca have got their way - they will pay 50% of his wages for the first year as part of the Quaresma deal.

At Valencia the Claudio López and Samuel Etoo deals are blocked - there is a lot of bad feeling at Mestallas because of the lack of movement both in and out of the club.

I'm still waiting for this to be confirmed but it looks like all is not hunky doory at the chez Florentino.

According to an association of members of Real Madrid, who keep watch of all the financial wheeling and dealings at the club, Florentino's spell as President has been "a real disaster".

The Association has stated that the club now has debts of 544,8 million Euros.

The conclusion of a report written by Gerardo Ortega is that Madrid will not be able to meet all the financial obligations taken on board by Pérez, in spite of the millions brought in by the sale of the training ground in La Castellana, if the club does not stop the grave losses that have mounted during Perez's brief reign.

According to Ortega's report “the club debts has increased spectacularly in recent years, as they have shot up from 180,1 million Euros at the end of the financial year 1999/2000 to 347,4 million Euros at the end of the term 2001/2002”.

That is to say that the club's debts have nearly doubled under Perez.

As well as the debt of 347,4 million`Euros at the end of 2001/2002, which relates to suppliers and long and short term credits, there is also another 67,3 million Euros which cover fiscal risks taken on by the club, risks that had not been foreseen, and 130,1 million Euros more if one considers that the contracts signed with Caja Madrid and Sogecable (related to the exploitation of Merchandising, Imagen and players, Internet and distribution), have to be included, according to the author, as financial loans instead of benefits, which is how Perez included them in the accounts of 2001/02.

In total, Real Madrid must face debts of 544,8 milliones Euros, despite the income 374 million Euros received for the sale of La Castellana.

The reports highlights that Perez registered those 374 million Euros as operating profit, not as extraordinary profit, as the norms of the General Accounting Plan insist.

The report finishes by stating that Perez has succeeded in disguising the massive increase in debts at the club.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Nice news man. Thanks for that.

Pity bout Ronaldinho...sounds like a temperamental prick with an ugly mug.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

The PSG president is being a total spanner. I wonder what he has against United signing Ronnie...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Probably the same thing as anybody would have if they were likely to get more money by hanging on to him what with the bid that is on the table and the television rights bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

As Paddy Crerand said last night on MUtv, no matter who it is United are going to try and buy, they'll get screwed!!
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Originally posted by PhatFiesta
    As Paddy Crerand said last night on MUtv, no matter who it is United are going to try and buy, they'll get screwed!!

they deserve to be... tight fisted b*stards

anyone else with their spending power would guarauntee their fans 1 big signing a summer

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

In other Spainish news,

A.C. Milan have agreed a deal with Villareal which will see Jose Maria join Villareal on a 4 year contract while milan will sign Motta, however motta shall stay in spain for another year and Villa wil also gain the services of highly rated Argentinian defender Fabricio Coloccini on a one year loan Deal, milan are keen to let him gain more first team experience as he is still an U-21 international and milan's defence is already thightly packed.

Originally posted by VinnyL

anyone else with their spending power would guarauntee their fans 1 big signing a summer
    I agree with you totally there.

Ronaldinho has put a deadline of 48 hours on his transfer completion. Seems very short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

PSG dont want to deal with utd because they are pissing around with their offers and they tapped Ronaldinho up

quote:
    Originally posted by VinnyL

I agree with you totally there.

Ronaldinho has put a deadline of 48 hours on his transfer completion. Seems very short.

Hold on...i dont think we should be spending ludicrous amounts of money on players. Zidane is 31 now and so is Figo in November...they wont be around forever...and with debts as posted by Bannor...its hardly smart to do that now is it...

Originally posted by 50Cent
    Hold on...i dont think we should be spending ludicrous amounts of money on players. Zidane is 31 now and so is Figo in November...they wont be around forever...and with debts as posted by Bannor...its hardly smart to do that now is it...
    You are right but there are younger world class players than Figo and Zidane. I think we should try and buy Deco. He is the one player I'd like to see at OT apart from Ronaldinho. I think if the Roni deal does fall through we should try and get him.

• Advertisement

Decos that portuguese guy isnt he?

Hes a deadly player but i like whats happening at the moment...i dont want Duff ahead of Ronnie...

Advertisement